A Few Quick Questions Before I Hit "Checkout"

Alex41290

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I'm probably going to purchase some stuff from DangerDen tonight. In particular a new top for my TDX (for A64), a BIP2, and a D5. Now, I currently have an Eheim 1250 stockpiled (moldy >_>) that I could potentially use, but that thing is a behemoth. I can fit it, but would it be worth it to go with the D5? Is it a lot quieter?

And my other questions are as follows:

Is there a large difference between the BIP2 and BIX2? They both seem fairly similar, and the pricetag on the BIP2 is definitely appealing. Which should I get?

Will the TDX perform well on the A64? It did really well on my Athlon XP a couple years ago, but I was debating getting a Storm or Apogee instead. Obviously it's just more cost to get a new one, but if the performance will drastically improve, that would rock. I save about $30 getting the TDX top over the Apogee, and a good $65-70 for the Storm.

If you need some background info for what I'll be doing, it's essentially OCing 'til the break of dawn :cool:. And there will be a Maze4 GPU block in the loop as well.

Thanks,

Alex

BIX2 needs higher CFM fans to accomplish what lower CFM fans do on BIP2. Get the BIP2 and some yate loons or panaflo fans.

BIP and TDX...

I had a BIX 1.120 and it cooled substantially less than my BIP2 with 2 really loud fans. I can't imagine the BIX 2.120 doing much better, but with 4 really loud fans. yes, they were push/pull, my temps were in the 50's with a single pull fan.

Back