A few questions about 24"

itachi183

Limp Gawd
Argh, I really can't decide on a monitor. I'm upgrading from a 19" 4:3 monitor and I've been researching about monitors for like... ever now lol. At first I wanted a 24", then I was going to go 22", now I'm thinking of going 24" again.

Here's really the only thing I use my monitor for ATM.
Watching Anime
FPS/Action games
Video Editing
then just normal browsing web.
One day I might get a PS3 too, but that days far away inless santa has a big surprise for me.

Now I've been hearing about Benq lately and took some interest in their monitors, before I'd only considered Samsung. Who is Benq anyway? I haven't seen them in any retail stores or anything but supposedly they produce quality monitors.

Here's the monitors I'm deciding to pick from:

T240HD (I heard it has high input lag, 55ms? also panel lottery so I'd have to keep exchanging and hope to get the right one but it's at my local store)
G2400WD (I'd have to wait till OCT 20th, which is the day before we all die. But I heard good things about this monitor so far... and it has no input lag supposedly but I'm wondering if the 250cd/m2 will be too dull for me, currently I use a 400CD/m2 monitor at brightness of 50)
V2400W? (I looked at specs on Benq site and this seems to be the same at the G2400WD but with 500CD/m2 and no HDCP supposedly)

Also, I'm wondering if my computer would handle 1920x1200. I have an 512MB 8800GT, and an AMD 5000+ processor.

And, all in all, which monitor that I've listed gives the best overall picture would you think? People have told me Samsung has the best quality, but I dunno.

Oh, I was also looking at this. FP241VW
It has the same type of base my old monitor has, but I read some bad things about it on newegg, and it has some high numbers 16ms response time etc.,

err, also.... I was wondering about the backlight bleed on the Benq's, since mostly I watch shows on them.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there a reason the G2400WD is shown as "Deactivated" on NewEgg and is out of stock on Buy.com? :confused:

Is there a reason the G2400WD is shown as "Deactivated" on NewEgg and is out of stock on Buy.com? :confused:

Technically the V2400W is it's replacement, so most e-tailers are marketing it instead. The G2400WD is still in production, however.

Ah, I knew I forgot to ask something.

How far should I sit back from a 24" monitor? 2-3 feet be too close?

Edit// Also, I hear so many good things about Benq here, it seems the community really favors them. But then I go to somewhere like PP / Overclock forums, and no one ever talks about them, it's all acer / samsung there. Is the Benq really that good, and just unknown by many (but it's sold out...) hmm lol

I sit back about 3 feet, and now I lost about 60% vision, well no but 2-3 feet is fine :) Everyone is different.

Err,

So is the G2400WD good for watching anime? I plan to plug my PS3 into it and watch blu ray mostly, I barely start up a game of fps anymore. Since most of my collection is anime I'd like bright / somewhat vibrant colors, can the G2400WD Achieve such a thing? In my nvidia control panel I have a vibrant option I can use anytime.

And I'm still wondering, who produces the higher quality screens, and by what margin are they.

I did some research,
Benq uses "AUO" Panel.
Samsung uses "Samsung" Panel.
Of course the Samsung panel is good, but I haven't heard much on the AUO. All in all I don't want to buy something I might regret such as *I could of paid 50$ more for that samsung and had alot better image quality..

And what about the Black Light Bleed on the G2400WD?

Err,

So is the G2400WD good for watching anime? I plan to plug my PS3 into it and watch blu ray mostly, I barely start up a game of fps anymore. Since most of my collection is anime I'd like bright / somewhat vibrant colors, can the G2400WD Achieve such a thing? In my nvidia control panel I have a vibrant option I can use anytime.

And I'm still wondering, who produces the higher quality screens, and by what margin are they.

I did some research,
Benq uses "AUO" Panel.
Samsung uses "Samsung" Panel.
Of course the Samsung panel is good, but I haven't heard much on the AUO. All in all I don't want to buy something I might regret such as *I could of paid 50$ more for that samsung and had alot better image quality..

And what about the Black Light Bleed on the G2400WD?

I think G2400WD is a good monitor and if you are going to be happy watching movies on it, you just have to try it. I'd say yes, but I don't know what your eyes consider as "vibrant" colours :)

I wish I could just order it right now to try it out, that'd be the best option but it's on backorder till Oct 20th and that's a long time away. People said the V2400W is practically the same thing, and I don't mind the design, should I try that out instead?

Alright, I guess I'll just take the dive and hope my scuba gear works. (goddamn I'm so corny)

I am still wondering how come no one talks about Benq anywhere else, at every other monitor forum it's mostly acer/samsung, I'd only heard of Benq from here and it was kind of weird seeing this:
http://www.benq.us/products/LCD/?product=794&page=awards
all of them are from this forum also lol

Back a while ago BenQ was was looking for people to review the V2400W at this forum and that's why they the link of review result on their website.
Where else (LCD forum) you guys would recommend to go before making my LCD purchase decision? AnadTech?

Man, I was going to order the V2400W soon but then I saw this;

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1105/samsung710tvsbenqg2400wjn6.jpg

When I said I don't mind how V2400W is built I meant to say, I don't really like it but I can ignore it. I love the simplicity of the G2400WD's stand and the hole thing.

and thus I have more questions:

Is there really any image quality / detail difference between the VW and GWD? I've seen like 3 reviews full picture and very detailed of the V2400W but have never seen any of the G2400WD. I mean if the V2400W does produce a better image overall then I'm going to go with that.

-shep
I haven't found any others as informative as this one really.

Alright, I guess I'll just take the dive and hope my scuba gear works. (goddamn I'm so corny)

I am still wondering how come no one talks about Benq anywhere else, at every other monitor forum it's mostly acer/samsung, I'd only heard of Benq from here and it was kind of weird seeing this:
http://www.benq.us/products/LCD/?product=794&page=awards
all of them are from this forum also lol

Go with the G2400WD, I have it and use it for nearly the same reason you have yours. I use my mine mainly for gaming with the 360 and my PC. I have never had the slightest issue with it. I am nothing but satisfied.

Thanks Ita! I agree this forum is the most helpful one.
The thing is G2400WD is currently out of stock. Performance wise I would think V2400W = G2400WD
the major difference might be the design and thinness of V2400W.
Anyone knows when will the freeship expire?

Has anyone tried the benq V2400W with the xbox 360 and achieved a 1:1 scale of 1080i? I was set on buying this and everything is good about it except one person said that it didn't work with the xbox 360 at 1080 via vga.

Damn Microsoft marketing techniques not providing hdmi to the early xbox 360s. bastards.

Thanks Ita! I agree this forum is the most helpful one.
The thing is G2400WD is currently out of stock. Performance wise I would think V2400W = G2400WD
the major difference might be the design and thinness of V2400W.
Anyone knows when will the freeship expire?

It ends on 9/30 so like 4 more days shytl ol

Edit// Also, I hear so many good things about Benq here, it seems the community really favors them. But then I go to somewhere like PP / Overclock forums, and no one ever talks about them, it's all acer / samsung there. Is the Benq really that good, and just unknown by many (but it's sold out...) hmm lol

You don't need to go to other enthusiast sites.

[H]ard OCP and their forums are the best. Period.

The smartest people in the world hang out here.

The Display sub-forum is the most active in the world. Really.

Here you can ask people questions and you will get informed answers.

I agree. I have never been to any forum people are so informative and helpful 3 mths ago when I was about to make my lcd purchase decision.

Yeah, when I google lcd displays and it links me to other forums, someone always says "hardocp has a huge thread about this monitor, you should start there" lol

Back