A few pics of that 19" SLI beast...

Man.. and I thought the 17 inch laptops were big..
that thing is just too big..

did you get to weight that beast chris?

thats really heavy.. I have a 17 inch Asus laptop that weights around 8 pounds and I get tired to carry it in a hand bag.. so i switch from hand to hand when walking..

this thing needs a bag with wheels lol

Forgot to add this to the news post:

[EDIT: It's hard to make out from the picture, but the bezel of the NP5950 is tooled for a 20" LCD! I have been told that they are working on mass-producing these panels and we should see this chassis available with a whopping 20" LCD in the future!]

my word thats huge...

i should have my mALX alienware SLI 19'' in about 3 weeks and i'll be posting some pictures of it :D

my word thats huge...

i should have my mALX alienware SLI 19'' in about 3 weeks and i'll be posting some pictures of it

how much did u get it from and where

www.hypersonic-pc.com also has a 19" SLI model for $3600 (see specs below), but its a 7800 GTX 256MB SLI solution.

I purchased one and should have it next monday (The [H] review on Hypersonic-pc was right about the response time/support levels...)

The alternative was a 7900 GTX SLI lappy above $4K+, or the 7900 GS SLI above $2K (both at alienware). I thought that hypersonic-pc was a decent deal / equivalent to a similar single 7900 GTX 512MB lappy.

===============================

Aviator AX9

Integrated V.92 56K Fax/Data Modem - Qty: 1
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Qty: 1
Internal 802.11G 54Mbps Wireless Mini PCI Network Adapter - Qty: 1
MS Windows XP Professional CD & Manual SP2 Pre-Installed & Configured - Qty: 1
1 Year Platinum Warranty with 24/7 Toll-Free Tech Support - Qty: 1
100GB 7200rpm Serial-ATA Hard Drive with NCQ & 8MB Cache - Qty: 1
(No Disaster Recovery DVD) - Qty: 1
8X DVD ± R/W Drive Dual Layer w/ DVD Recording Software - Qty: 1
Aviator AX9: World's First Notebook with Nvidia SLI (19" Desktop Replacement) - Qty: 1
2.4GHz AMD Turion™ 64 ML-44 Mobile Processor / 1MB Cache / 35 Watt - Qty: 1
Aviator AX9 in Silver with Graphite Accents - Qty: 1
NVIDIA® nForce4 SLI™ (CK804) Chipset Mobile Motherboard for AX9 - Qty: 1
DUAL Nvidia GeForce Go 7800 GTX PCI-Express 256MB in SLI - Qty: 1
Built-in Serial-ATA I/II Controller - Qty: 1
19" WSXGA+ 1680x1050 VividView™ Display w/ Super Clear Glossy Surface - Qty: 1
Built-in 4-Speaker AC'97 3D Sound System for AX9 with SRS WOW - Qty: 1
Internal Bluetooth™ Module for AX9 - Qty: 1
1024MB Mushkin PC3200 DDR400 SODIMM (Low Latency 3-3-3) - Qty: 2

==============================

cheers

yea its from alienware...

i had an m7700 on order and then 2 days later they announced the mALX so i decided to switch. ordered one of the first ones in the country and still dont have it!

patience is something i have a hard time dealing with after i spend that much money :rolleyes:

damn, 15lbs, whats next, 21? 24? 30? where is it gonna end? personally I would never get a 19, but if you want that as your main one, I guess that makes sense. I think 17 is already too big.

Back