A few pics of my new MBP covered in Best Skins Ever armor.

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
I knew that I wanted some sort of armor for my new $2500 toy, but at the same time I didn't want to rob the laptop of its good looks nor did I want to add any extra bulk either.

my solution? body armor from www.bestskinsever.com - this stuff comes perfectly pre-cut to match your MB or MBP and it comes with a lifetime warranty. it's suppose to be extremely durable and as you can see from the pictures, its 100% clear. I absolutely love it. now I don't have to worry about getting any marks on the top or bottom part of my new MBP from the natural oils on my hands. this is something that drove me batty on my old black MB. I always found myself wiping that thing off 50 times a day. I was also concerned with the silver finish on the keypad area wearing over time from the palm of my hands. this won't be a problem now. ;)

okay, so here's a couple pictures:

*a few things to note. this stuff is kind of easy, but kind of hard to install if you want that 100% perfection look (like I did). they say to use a soapy water mixture and to submerge the skin(s) in the mixture so it does two things. one, the water activates the adhesive which is what makes it stick to the surface of the MBP. it also allows you to move and slide the skin around so you get it just where you want it. you then just take a credit card to squeeze all the water out.

the trick is to use some soapy mixture but obviously not too much. you damn sure wouldn't want excessive water dripping inside your beloved MacBook Pro laptop. you also have to spend some time on each one of the corners to make sure the areas that fold over stay put. installing the entire skin on my MBP took me every bit of three hours. it took me that long because I wanted to be sure everything looked and worked like its suppose to. as you can see, it did and I'm very happy with the results.

nice, im gonna check it out.

i dont have a mbp yet, but will be buying one soon. I had one a year ago, and was always worried about the palm areas myself.

i LIKE! My MBP requires constant cleaning also, so this might be exactly what I'm after.

When did you order OP? I believe I tried ordering from them on Friday, and they don't properly have their merchant account or paypal setup. I may have to resort to the more expensive invisible shields. Did you have a hard time installing the top part?

looks nice. i kinda like the shine it gives it. haha.

question: does it have the "rubbery" feeling like the one on my blackberry does?

According to macrumos.com they apparently use 3M. I tried re-ordering a couple min ago, I was able to order opposed to my failed attempt last Friday. Still waiting for my confirmation #

Looking good. The only thing that's frustrating is with the new MBP upgrade cycle, older ones just don't have their value anymore.

$1449 for 2.2GHZ SR MBP's? Insanity.

Tracer

is it covered on the bottom? does it have opening to let out heat....or are you basically sealing it...

looks great! can you take a close up picture of the corners, I would like to see how best skin deals about covering the corners since they are kind of rounded. I know for the invisible shield, they just cut it out so your corners are still exposed and in addition, is the palm rest sticker one big piece? or 2 smaller pieces like what would be found on the invisible shield.

I love this stuff, I have a best skin ever one for my itouch and one from invisible shield for my iphone. i wanted to see what the difference would be between the 2 company's. both use the same product but jsut the way they are cut is different. I am looking to buy a MBP myself, so as you can tell. i am very curious

thanks

i LIKE! My MBP requires constant cleaning also, so this might be exactly what I'm after.

actually believe it or not, that's why I bought this product. not so much for the protection itself, but for the fact that I won't be having to clean off the oil residue from my hands no where near as much as before.

When did you order OP? I believe I tried ordering from them on Friday, and they don't properly have their merchant account or paypal setup. I may have to resort to the more expensive invisible shields. Did you have a hard time installing the top part?

I think it took like 6 days from the time I ordered until I received the goodies. they don't ship too fast but the wait was worth it.

looks nice. i kinda like the shine it gives it. haha.

question: does it have the "rubbery" feeling like the one on my blackberry does?

yup, it does feel kind of rubbery which is another reason why I like it. it makes it much "grippier" which makes it harder to drop. (God I hope that never happens!)

is it covered on the bottom? does it have opening to let out heat....or are you basically sealing it...

yes, the bottom of the laptop is also protected.

the heat from the fans doesn't come out from the bottom. it comes out behind the laptop under the LCD panel itself.

Where does it talk about the warranty? The one reason why I still order from ShieldZone rather than BSE is the fact that ShieldZone has a lifetime warranty and I can't find anything about that on the BSE website.

Where does it talk about the warranty? The one reason why I still order from ShieldZone rather than BSE is the fact that ShieldZone has a lifetime warranty and I can't find anything about that on the BSE website.

I guess they don't have the lifetime warranty like I thought they did. oh well.... the $27 that I spent on this project isn't nothing so I won't have a problem buying replacements if and when they're needed.

That's fair... You paid roughly half the price of ShieldZone's version, so that's practically like getting one replacement and still coming out at the same price point, and this way you don't have to pay for the replacement until you need it. I can see the logic there.

Received mine a couple days ago. I had to remove it unfortunately, the corners started peeling off.I guess from constantly removing and inserting my MBP from my bag. Unfortunately I have to resort to the speck hardshell case for the time being. Looks like you did a good job on yours OP, my experience was quite the opposite.

I've already ordered Invisible Shield's for my PSP, iPod and was thinking of for my phone as well (although I'll hopefully be getting a new one soon so I might wait). I was thinking of getting an IS for my MBP...haven't decided if I will or not yet. I like the protection aspect, but I don't know if I want my MBP to feel rubbery. I like it like it is, even if I have to clean it more.

I am considering it though...good idea. I do prefer the IS to BSE, by the way.

I just ordered the full body shield through that ZAGG link. Great discount on the invisible shield. I've used IS on my cell phones/PDAs for years and can't wait to get my MBP all wrapped up. BTW, I've not noticed any sticky or tacky feel with IS.

Thanks for the link!

Nice, but it seems the invisibleshield does not cover the entire surface area surrounding the track pad

The picture on the ZAGG website is wrong, I have the Standard Coverage $19.97 and the area above and below the middle trackpad is there making it one big sticker from side to side! FYI

I bought from both BSE and ZAGG, both are exactly the same. I would say that ZAGG stuff does come in better packaging and a squeegee and spray bottle and at 50% off its the better deal! :D

The picture on the ZAGG website is wrong, I have the Standard Coverage $19.97 and the area above and below the middle trackpad is there making it one big sticker from side to side! FYI

I bought from both BSE and ZAGG, both are exactly the same. I would say that ZAGG stuff does come in better packaging and a squeegee and spray bottle and at 50% off its the better deal! :D

Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably consider the IS in the near future, but for the time being the Speck hardshell and BSE track pad will do for now.

indeed they are the same product. I've used both as well and I must say the BSE covers do the job just as well at about half the cost. sure, the Zagg brand includes a small bottle of the application solution but this isn't something that a 1/4 tablespoon of dish washing soap and some tap water can't fix.

I just applied the BSE cover(s) on my recently purchased 13" MacBook Pro and it looks great. I'll try to post some pics in a few days.

Back