A Different Kind of HDD Rack...

cwilhelm

Weaksauce
Anybody know of an HDD rack for 3.5" SATA drives I can use that doesn't want to do any type of conversions, like SATA to E-SATA or USB or anything... an external rack. I just want a nice looking rack that I can sit outside of my case to store my drives in and I can just run the SATA cables to the inside of the case. Just don't have enough room in the case for all my drives anymore and I spent $300 on the case to fit the watercooling, so I'm not really interested in buying a new case...

Ideas?

Ghettomod FTW. Just pull out the 3,5" cage from some old case and make it look good and put it whereever you want it:)

You can use SATA cables externally, though it's not recommended. ESATA is essentially SATA, just with sturdier cables, longer maximum length and more power provided to the connected drive.

are you not able to build your own? you might be able to take the bays out of a different case and then just mount that externally to your case. drill some holes by it and run the cable through. the use u-channel or something else to "polish" the look of the drilled holes.

Back