A couple of questions - Enthoo EVOLV ATX TG and PWM hub

Hostile

Gawd
I posted this over at the Phanteks forums but haven't gotten any replies so I figured I'd try here because there are tons of helpful folks here. :)

I have an ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 (Sandy Bridge) motherboard which only has one CPU_FAN header that I'm using for the CPU cooler. I currently have the built-in PWM hub connected to the CHA_FAN1 (4-pin Chassis fan) header on my motherboard. I'm assuming that won't cause any issues but figured I'd ask to be sure.

Here is the page from the motherboard manual re: the fan headers:
JaN7S7mh.jpg

I also have the LED strip combo starter kit running through the PWM hub on the back. I have a SATA connector from the PSU connected to the "12v input" from the PWM hub.

One other thing, to get the two strips where I wanted I needed the extra length from the RGB LED adapter that came with the LED strips. Since I don't actually have an RGB-capable motherboard the motherboard connector is unused, I'm essentially using the male/female connectors on that as a extension cord.

I take it all of this is fine?

Thanks!

Last edited:
What LED Strips did you use? I used the phanteks one, and it had plenty of cable length. (I also trimmed down the end, even, cuz it was too long for me!)

You can run the PWM hub off the 3 pin fan, but you won't get any PWM benefits.

If you run all your fans off the hub and the hub off the CPU FAN header, you will get speed control that way.

Hey, thanks for responding. I used their "LED strip combo starter kit", it comes with two LED strips and the cables/adapters.

I also connected the PWM hub to the 4-pin CHA_FAN1 connector, not the 3-pin one. I should have paid more attention to the actual diagram, the connector I used just as a +5v wire and not the PWM wire that the CPU_FAN connector has.

Forgot to mention: There is no reason you can't use that cable as an extension.

Yup, that header isn't the same. (I have no idea why the +5v thing is there, either. That's weird.)

Back