A couple of iOS issues for a new user.

bastage

Pics of your wife?
So I'm only a couple days into using iOS and I've noticed a couple issues that are probably related.

First apps won't download from the marketplace. I can search but when I hit the get button nothing happens.

Second is the default mail app stops syncing my Gmail (no other email addresses)

For both of these a restart resolves the issue for at least a few hours.

This is an iPhone se that is not jail broken or any other crazy anything done. It's all of 2 days old.

Happens on both Wi-Fi and cellular data.

Both of those issues are very odd -- I'd say network issues except that it happens regardless of your connection. As a stopgap for the mail issue, you could always grab the official Gmail app.

Have you tried resetting the phone and starting fresh (that is, don't just turn to a backup)? A pain, I know, but it sounds like there's an odd bug or two. I don't have those issues myself.

I've had my SE for almost 2 months now and haven't had any issues with apps downloading.
I use the Mail app for 2 of my POP3 accounts and just use the Gmail app for gmail.

I use Outlook and Gmail app instead of the stock Mail app, which is a POS imho.

As for the downloading of apps, it happens to me from time to time. It doesn't continuously happen though. Seems to work after I try it a second or third time. But Aurelius might be right. I sometimes have to turn my VPN on in order to search and download in my work network.

I actually switched to the gmail app & chrome yesterday in favor of the stock mail app & Safari. Since doing this it seems to be fine. My emails are all coming through & I can still download apps (at least just now, but I hadnt tried since my last reboot) so I will give it another day or 2 to see how it does before I do anything else to it.

Haven't had any of these issues but I'll throw down and say that the email app isn't that good, how ever the chrome app on iOS sucks and I've had considerably less issues with Safari.

Only a couple? I'm surprised.

Get the outlook or gmail app, the stock app is a joke.

Just to make sure, what version of iOS are you on? You can check by going to settings>general>about, then look at "version".

Back