a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time

dajet24

2[H]4U
So I have been gettign this error all day today all the sudden

a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval

comp blue screen crashes.. searched online and seems to be one of those mystery fails no one can answer fully

anyone had experience with this? system is in sig

crashes come after a few minutes in desktop randomly timed

any help is appreciated

From my experience, that's the blue screen I get when my CPU needs a bit more voltage. Are you overclocked?

I was ( only the turbo boost) but it had been fine for 2 weeks. I removed all overclocking and at default I still got the error.

I have since removed half of my 16GB of RAM and it hasnt happened again... which is strange as it isnt a RAM type error i didnt think.

I upgraded my Asus motherboard to the 1304 bios on Thursday night. Got the error and other random restarts. Downgraded to the last bios I was using. Everything perfect.

If you think it might be the ram, check your motherboard's recommended settings for your ram. My ram's recommended settings for an AMD chipset and an Intel chipset are completely different. I can run at the Intel recommended speeds but it will blue screen @1866. I then tried the Asus recommended settings and everything runs great. So check to see if your motherboard or memory manufacturer recommends a different setting for your motherboard.

ya ever since i upgraded to the 6200 my mobo refuses to run my ram past 1333 its rated 1866 so somthign def up there.. rolled back bios also but only thing that has fixed it is removal of ram not sure why that would matter since it worked fine for 2 weeks prior with same ram and everything.

ya ever since i upgraded to the 6200 my mobo refuses to run my ram past 1333 its rated 1866 so somthign def up there.. rolled back bios also but only thing that has fixed it is removal of ram not sure why that would matter since it worked fine for 2 weeks prior with same ram and everything.

You probably did this but if you did not..... My ram is 1600. When I put it in my machine it was set to 1333.When I tried to set it to 1600 speeds it would not run. I had to go in and set the ram timing manually for 1600 to get it to work..My voltage was ok but some have to set that also.

whats your ram voltage set at? I've seen some weird BSOD due to ram voltage being set to 1.5v when it should be set to 1.6-1.65v. Food for thought!

ram is at 1.5 i think my mobo and my ram just dont like each other a whole lot.. wthe ram maker has since revised its description of the ram I purchased to say it may have issues with amd AM3+ setups.. so its INTEL only ram it appears..

ram is at 1.5 i think my mobo and my ram just dont like each other a whole lot.. wthe ram maker has since revised its description of the ram I purchased to say it may have issues with amd AM3+ setups.. so its INTEL only ram it appears..

usually means you have to run the voltage higher then what its rated at. not that it really matters since amd doesn't have the ram voltage issue intel has. try bumping the voltage up to 1.65v and see what happens. for some reason some of the amd based board/processor combos don't like the ram running at 1.5v but its hit or miss on which ones are fine with it and which ones aren't.

So i upped voltage to 1.65 and things booted up as usual. I then tried to raise my settings from 1333 to 1866 and then 1600 both failed mobo claims OC failure when i try to raise them...

What is strange is this same MOBO worked at 1600 when i had my Phenom 2 945 in it.. it sonly since i changed my CPU to the FX 6200 that the ram as refused to budge from 1333. Mobo claimed to need a fx cpu to run at 1866

So clearly it has to do with the new cpu I have tried all bios released since cpu was made supported to no avail.

Ordered some new Corsair ram see if it works any better

Back