A.C.Ryan acrylic/UV acrlyic question

Moddest Mouse

Limp Gawd
it looks like all of my favorite mods use acrylic in some way so I'm looking to find the right kind. ACRyan looks like he has good acrylic but the UV reactive green appears like it would be see through in normal light. is that true? does his normal green acrylic give off some kind of uv-like glow to it?

where do most modders get their uv acrylic? i looked at tapsplastics and couldnt find uv.

im just kind of lost here.

Almost all acrylic is going to be transparent in normal light, even in uv light in some instances. The mods youve seen where acrylic appears not to be transparent either have frosted windows or have a covering of some sort on the other side of the acryl. I hope that helps you out.

this is the kind of acrylic im talking about
ud6.jpg

a3ud35.jpg

I think you're looking for perspex, like in project halcyon.

edit: nevermind, just saw the previous post you made.

Well, I have the UV red stuff, and it is definitely transparent.

I get some of my acrylic from Pearl Paint (small fluorescent tubes), and McMaster Carr. Fluorescent acrylic is pretty neat - polished edges glow very strongly. You can always hit the acrylic with LEDs if you're not successful in getting UV panels.

One of the few places that carries UV acrylic is performance-pcs, but for what they charge for shipping, it might be worthwhile to get some other stuff, or perhaps 2-3 panels.

Also, you shouldn't hot-link images like that; it steals bandwidth - host it at imageshack.us or similar.

thats the issue though. i dont want something that just glows on the edges, i want THE look of that acrylic. i had been wondering about the clear acrylic too, thanks for tip.

That's what I'm talking about though - the acrylic faceplates in the photo you linked to in post 4 isn't being illuminated with UV - that's how certain shades of fluorescent green acrylic look in normal light.

Back