A bunch of $5-6 HD DVDS

Heroes [Season 1] - $12.99

There appears to be some decent movies on the list.

If you guys have a Fry's near by check it out. Most of their HD-DVDs are $4.99 or $5.99 now.

Got tremors. It's an old movie, but it's quite good, lol. Haven't seen it in a while.

you will need powerdvd 7 ultra or powerdvd 8 to play them on a pc. the lg internal blu ray/dvdr/rw also plays hd-dvds and you can find it for less than $100. so you get about the cheapest fastest blu ray player, a dvd burner and hd-dvd player in one. good deal, i have one, comes with the necessary software to play bd and hd dvd. i also have the xbox 360 hd-dvd player and it comes with king king.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...escription=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

goes on sale often.

Bought the first 5 due to this thread. Then went ahead and bought Serenity on the Marketplace.
Spent about $38 for 6 HD movies. Seems like a sweet deal to me.

* 1 of: The Chronicles of Riddick (Unrated Director's Cut) [HD DVD]
Sold by: BSE ENTERTAINMENT INC (seller profile)
* 1 of: Accepted (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]
* 1 of: King Kong [HD DVD]
* 1 of: Mallrats [HD DVD]
* 1 of: Evan Almighty (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD]

* 1 of: Serenity [HD DVD]
Sold by: movietronix (seller profile)

Crap. It appears as though they have dropped the prices on most of the movies by a dollar. Plus now they have Serenity in the mix. Oh well.

Picked up Fearless, Dune, White noise 1 and 2. Sweet!

Too bad shipping was 12 bucks, but oh well!

I just noticed they don't have the option for free shipping anymore. When I placed my order, shipping was free as long as my total was above $25.

I just noticed they don't have the option for free shipping anymore. When I placed my order, shipping was free as long as my total was above $25.

I believe that's because the deal yesterday was sold by Closeoutmovies but fulfilled by Amazon. Now the deal is just through Closeoutmovies ...

I use PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 v3319a to play HD DVD movies, and PowerDVD 8 to play Blu-ray. Even with the hack on PowerDVD 8, it still refuses to play a few HD DVD titles for some reason.

Vista and XP won't play them "natively" without some 3rd party software if that's what you're wondering.

The loss of free shipping makes this not so hot anymore :(. I just went to order another 8 of these and shipping was almost as much as the 8 HD-DVDs.

Yeah no free shipping, no sale. I have 50 bucks of dvds and it was going to cost 30 to ship.

I use PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 v3319a to play HD DVD movies, and PowerDVD 8 to play Blu-ray. Even with the hack on PowerDVD 8, it still refuses to play a few HD DVD titles for some reason.

Vista and XP won't play them "natively" without some 3rd party software if that's what you're wondering.

i realize that, poster #16 disagrees.

Well he's right about not needing either. There are other alternatives such as ArcSoft, WinDVD, or just watching the direct stream through something like MPC. But.. to get any sort of reliable viewing, PowerDVD is still the way to go, even though it does have it's problems too.

Grr. $40 worth of HDDVDs (including Heroes!), $20 shipping. Still a decent deal but... To checkout or not to checkout.

because before they were about 5-6$ a peice with free shipping..

Worked out for me. I didn't order earlier because I was only interested in three movies and didnt want to pile on extra movies I didn't want just to get to $25

You must have been keeping an eye out for that one to notice it. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I got a few including Dune. Dune is an ingrained childhood memory, man. I saw the movie at one point, but what really stuck with me was this kid's version of the audiobook - it was a cassette and a readalong with big stills from the movie. The voices were so creepy. Well, they seemed that way when I was 8 or 9. I wonder how the whole thing holds up now.

Also, just learned this, Patrick Steward (Picard) is in it!

That's it. After this sale, I officially own every HD DVD worth watching. For me, there were about 25 give or take.

A little confused as to why the list transitions into Japanimation titles after page 5...

A little confused as to why the list transitions into Japanimation titles after page 5...

BAHA! Yeah, that surprised me a little.

I finally decided I'd build an HTPC with the LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD drive from Fry's. I went ahead and picked up 12 movies for $73. That's hardly over $6 a movie. Me likey.

Back