A+ Black Pearl Project Complete

Joni Nitro

Gawd
It took me a while, but at long last my newest case mod is complete.....for now. I will be updating some various things. Adding some lighting..... Ok, enough gibber gabber lets get to the pics.

Eight.jpg

six.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

Four.jpg

Five.jpg

seven.jpg

Current Specs:
Asus Rampage Formula
[email protected]
8gb Patriot Ram
2 Sapphire 4870 1gb 790/1020 ( a lot left but no need to push yet)
Temps: 37c idle 55c load

im digging your loop quite a bit. i got the same case, gonna start my build in two weeks. seeing your build makes me excited lol.

Thats a very sweet setup dude, I like it! :)

it looks like your fans are mismatched? the bottom layer has a notch down the middle. does this noticeably affect airflow? based on your temps, most likely not.

it looks like your fans are mismatched

Bottom fans are Scythe S Flex 1900rpm, the top ones are just old fans gutted to make shrouds.

I am probably going to add another row of fans to the top to increase ariflow, and open up some holes in the bottom to increase my intake or suction. My temps drop by a 6c with my sidel panel off!

Mind posting how you moved and stealthed your power and reset buttons to the area the floppy port was at?

Mind posting how you moved and stealthed your power and reset buttons to the area the floppy port was at?

I the location where my current fan controller is used to be the fan controller/temp readout that came with the case. I didnt like it and it wouldnt handle enough fans for me. The power switch was relocated to the usb panel on top of the case. I could have done reset also, but who really uses a reset button. Both USB ports are functional, but not the firewire....I have never owned a firewire device.
pwrsw.jpg

ummmm.....shouldnt be a problem. The lid closes with plenty of clearance and you have to hold it down for a few seconds to shut if off anyways.

woah! I wish I had that!

Are there going to be any (stealthed) ODD? Or do you like (as I do) a clean, unencumbered surface?

I love how that case has so many vents, and so much cooling capability.

How did you flip the psu like that? Also is that window custom or did you use the existing hole for the grill and toss a window on there?

Thanks for the comments guys.

How did you flip the psu like that? Also is that window custom or did you use the existing hole for the grill and toss a window on there?

I made a new plate for the psu using 1/4in mdf. I traced the panel and cut it out. Works really good and I might use this as a template to make an aluminum piece. The window is from Performance PC and uses exisisting holes, but I could have made it pretty easy.

These cases are Lian Li V2000 rebrands so you can use most v2000 oem parts on this case.

Are there going to be any (stealthed) ODD? Or do you like (as I do) a clean, unencumbered surface?

there is already an optical drive installed. The case's top two 5.25 bays come prestealthed, It has a button premade on the outside and the metal flap flips down when the drive opens.

there is already an optical drive installed. The case's top two 5.25 bays come prestealthed, It has a button premade on the outside and the metal flap flips down when the drive opens.

Nice :cool:

Better then seeing all the little logos drive makers are boasting nowadays...

Thanks for the comments guys.

I made a new plate for the psu using 1/4in mdf. I traced the panel and cut it out. Works really good and I might use this as a template to make an aluminum piece. The window is from Performance PC and uses exisisting holes, but I could have made it pretty easy.

These cases are Lian Li V2000 rebrands so you can use most v2000 oem parts on this case.

ahhh, very nice job, really really tempt me to get this case and regretting not getting it when it had free shipping + lower price from egg.

But with crappy modding skills mine won't look half as good as this.

:D

Edit: bought it anyways from chiefvalue for $104 shipped after coupon, that version has the window included also unlike the one at newegg with the grill instead :)

Last edited:
Nice work on this. Very clean!

Was it difficult to remove the stock fan controller? I have never really like the look of the stock Fan controller, and had seriously considered this case, however that held me back. I didnt want to shell out the extra money for the V2000 considering they are identicall. Any info you could share on that would be great.

Fan controller comes off with a little heat from a hair dryer and some pressure on the back. I modded the stock piece to fit the new controller in there. It's a sunbeam contrller but I removed the LEDs, because they are really bright. I have a worklog on anther site but I'm not sure if it's ok to link it on here.

Back