$999 EVGA 2080TI In Hand

Micro Center has an open-box Black for $850. I went ahead and ordered it just to try it and even if it doesn't overclock well it's at least going to be a huge upgrade from my 1080. Anyone have a link to the 124% power limit Bios? Or does anyone know if the Morpheus or Accelero Extreme will fit?

Micro Center has an open-box Black for $850. I went ahead and ordered it just to try it and even if it doesn't overclock well it's at least going to be a huge upgrade from my 1080. Anyone have a link to the 124% power limit Bios? Or does anyone know if the Morpheus or Accelero Extreme will fit?

Check out the first page of the overclockers forum 2080ti owners thread. They have up to 388W IIRC.

Check out the first page of the overclockers forum 2080ti owners thread. They have up to 388W IIRC.

Thanks for the info. I checked it out and it appears that all shipping cards since about a year ago should already boost up to 130%.

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-2080-XCXC-Ultra-BIOS-Update-m2858793.aspx

"
UPDATE: These are now legacy updates as it only needed to be applied on the first shipping cards. All new shipping cards now have these updates.

Updates:
  • Increases maximum power target setting to 130% (Improved overclocking performance)"

Thanks for the info. I checked it out and it appears that all shipping cards since about a year ago should already boost up to 130%.

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-2080-XCXC-Ultra-BIOS-Update-m2858793.aspx

"
UPDATE: These are now legacy updates as it only needed to be applied on the first shipping cards. All new shipping cards now have these updates.

Updates:
  • Increases maximum power target setting to 130% (Improved overclocking performance)"

That’s probably enough for your cooler. It’s likely something like 1.3x250 = 325 watts. That’s already a ton of heat to dissipate.

The % can be misleading as some cards have a higher base than 250 watts.

Fantastic deal you got there though.

That’s probably enough for your cooler. It’s likely something like 1.3x250 = 325 watts. That’s already a ton of heat to dissipate.

The % can be misleading as some cards have a higher base than 250 watts.

Fantastic deal you got there though.

Yeah, It also came with a $50 rebate and the new COD so not bad. I need to decide if I'm going to keep it though. It's a whole lot hotter and louder than the GTX1080 FTW2 that it replaced and it's feeling held back by the 7700k @ 4.8.

Yeah, It also came with a $50 rebate and the new COD so not bad. I need to decide if I'm going to keep it though. It's a whole lot hotter and louder than the GTX1080 FTW2 that it replaced and it's feeling held back by the 7700k @ 4.8.

Might only be held back slightly if you are trying to have high Hz (>100).

Personally I’d crank the temp limit and adjust the fan curve to what is tolerable then see how you feel with the performance. If noise is the issue I probably wouldn’t OC it... that extra 5% probably isn’t worth it. Alternatively you could AIO or custom cool it as well.

Last edited:
Back