980ti & 990 possible? (rumor)

Wouldn't be surprised if the 980 Ti was that 2304 core model we all heard floating around just before the 2048 rumors became dominant. Wouldn't be hard to pimp that out. Anything slightly better performing than a 980 that can push that card down $100 would be welcome IMO.

I think it's guaranteed they are coming out with them after amd unveils the 390x. The question is how much they will cost.

I'm 99.9% sure this 900 series of GPUs will follow the same exact pattern as the 600 series did. We will indeed see a dual-GPU GTX 990 and a Titan 2 most likely. Here's the history of the 600 series

GTX 680 released (mid-ranged GPU w/ a high-range price tag)
GTX 690 released (2x mid-ranged GPUs on 1 card so no gimping was needed like all previous dual-GPU cards)
GTX Titan released so people who wanted the true GTX 680 card had to pay a 200% or +$500 premium
GTX 780 released - most likely what the GTX 680 should have been but didn't have any competition from AMD. Trolled anyone who forked out for a Titan.
GTX 780ti - Troll attempt from Nvidia to make more money on Titan or 780 owners.

No matter how fast the GTX 980 may be, it's still a mid-ranged GPU. Any idiot whose bought Nvidia GPUs over the past decade know the characteristics of a mid-ranged card. People argued to death that the GTX 680 wasn't a mid-ranged GPU since it was the fastest GPU. Let’s see what characteristics make up a mid-ranged GPU:

2x 6-pin power connectors - check for GTX 980 & 680
Uses less power & quieter - check for GTX 980 & 680
Smaller in size physically & chip size - check for GTX 980 & 680
256-bit memory bandwidth or lower - check for GTX 980 & 680
Using die naming codes specifically for mid-ranged parts - check for GTX 980 & 680

Regardless I'm still buying the GTX 980's since I have no choice in a oligopolistic market when you have to choose the lesser of 2 evils and voting with your wallet isn't going to let you play any PC games. It's still too bad I have to buy 2~4 GPUs just to play modern games with full eye candy on high res displays. Every day I envy the console crowd getting away with just a $400 system when I've had systems ranging well above $4000 for some console ports.

Hmmm linkage? Cannot seem to find the product page? Unless im blind

EVGA

04G-P4-2988-KR_XL_4.jpg

04G-P4-2988-KR_XL_7.jpg

04G-P4-2988-KR_XL_4.jpg

The idea that 4K gaming is going to be viable on a single card like the Titan 2 is pure fantasy. GM200 taped out about a month after GM204 so we know its going to be on 28nm.

A card that's 40% bigger than GM204 at most is going to be at best 75% of GTX 980 SLI. Considering even 2 980s at 4K with no AA/AF can do what, 35fps in Crysis 3? What is a slower Titan II going to do, 25-27fps? You'd still need 3 or 4 Titan IIs to max out 4K.

Thanks a ton. I was looking for a product page, not an article.

Some interesting things. Triple bios? And 1400mhz boost clock!!!!

Wow....cant wait to see a review.

i can see that card out of the box at 1500+mhz without touch anything.. and low latency samsung memory.. that card will overclock like a boss, hope to see soon a K|NGP|N with 8 pin power connector to get rid off the power limits =D..

i can see that card out of the box at 1500+mhz without touch anything.. and low latency samsung memory.. that card will overclock like a boss, hope to see soon a K|NGP|N with 8 pin power connector to get rid off the power limits =D..

Hmmm getting rid of the power limit is something that interest me as well. Although I don't have my hopes up for that.

I know the Gigabyte 980 has 2 8pins on it. I would expect that at LEAST on the classy.

If there's no back-pressure from AMD nVidia would have no reason to release such cards. If the red team comes and competes with the 980 I think only then will we see a faster single card ala 980TI.

I do think we'll still see a 990 to combat the 295X2. At it's current $999 price-point it's still a hell of a deal.

If you look at HD4870>HD5870>HD6970 >HD7970>R9-290X the performance jump has been 30 to 50% so yes a Ti will be needed ..

It's going to cost a arm and leg Classified cards are usually just that. 980ti will be like 799.00 same as the 780ti.

I'm going to buy a GTX 970 and see how things shake out on the high end early next year.
With the cost of the Classy 980, I can get two GTX 970s.

We need 20nm. No new gpu for me until 20nm gpus are out.

I'm not getting a new GPU until the Valve 3-Pack comes out.

...let's just say I'm meticulously trying to keep the dust off my 570's fan blades... come on baby... just 20 more years of Valve Time!

We need 20nm. No new gpu for me until 20nm gpus are out.

I'm wondering if Nvidia is even going to do a Maxwell refresh or just take 20nm and jump into Pascal at the end of the year next year or Q1 2016. Almost no point really. They could easily push a 980 Ti that is +40% than the 780 Ti on 28nm based on what we've seen.

Back