9800XT go insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

moeamaya

n00b
Just opened up the friday Fry's ad on page three I see retail 9800xT (ATI) going for $188. I guess they are anticipating the new cards coming out really soon. Just wondering if this card still comes with HL2 and also will the new cards come with it??

Note: ad in Phx, AZ

wow, your lucky. southern california ad has gf fx 5950 for 399. hopefully, i'll see that price on the 9800xt real soon over here.

Would one of you please pick me up one and I will give $40 for your efforts along with what you payed.:D Sweet if indeed true.

for that price i would sale my 9800 pro and get this you cant go wrong!! if this deal is confirmed

LiquidX if your serious I can go down there this morning after class and go pick it up for you just PM me. (note poor college student looking for any cash)

~moe

Originally posted by LiquidX
Would one of you please pick me up one and I will give $40 for your efforts along with what you payed.:D Sweet if indeed true.

would someone do that for me too?

GOD DAM IT frys should expand their buisness!!

Originally posted by moeamaya
LiquidX if your serious I can go down there this morning after class and go pick it up for you just PM me. (note poor college student looking for any cash)

~moe

shit id do the same.

Any word on the Houston Fry's site?

Also, the 9800XT is faster than the 9800 pro, right? it's the SE that's slower... (?)

YES! moeamaya. I will remburse you everything including tax and your finders fee. And hell I may throw in some other goodies. Fingers crossed he finds one. Make sure its a 9800XT. You can really clean up today.:p

ahhhhh, i can't find a freakin ride! haha I am trying to go get one

Nor Cal Fry's ad has the 9800XT for $399 after a $100IR. You got me all excited, i was going to jump in my car and get down there right away if it was only $188 :D

sacramento ad lists it f0r $188 ... but I just got back and they are WELL aware that it is a typo. They were jerks about it to boot.

Originally posted by cosmos
sacramento ad lists it f0r $188 ... but I just got back and they are WELL aware that it is a typo. They were jerks about it to boot.

still hope maybe :p

:(

try taking the ad to bestbuy or CC and see if they pricematch the ad price....see if it works. Do they call frys when they pricematch?

I work at circuit city sometimes they call sometimes they don't, I should take this in and see if they will honor it haha, if they do id buy all we had and sell them to u guys

update: the ad near me in so cal has a 5950 for 399 in that spot damn it i have a cool manager that probably wouldn't have called on that card to

for those of us who want to try the price match with best buy or cc does anyone have a link to the whole page or can someone host the whole page....it might be tough with that little bit of the ad

:( Why must I suffer this torture!!!?!?

I need a new card so bad and the biggest deal ever is at a store that is hundreads of miles from me.

[edit] There's no way a best buy or circuit city would price match this because I don't have a Fry's ad?

they probably would call b/c of the huge price difference. best buy had to call k-mart when i wanted to pricematch star wars episode I dvd for 4.99 and they had it for 21.99

Originally posted by cosmos

Did you ask them to check the price for you on the computer? Did you bring it to the cash register and ask them to check the price for you? The people in the front probably would not know about video cards. The people in the back (or wherever the computer/video cards are) would probably know a lot more and would lie to the consumer so that they could get the deal. Just my thoughts, not bashing on every CSR, but some are JERKS!

GHEY!:mad:

just got back from BB, CC, and CompUSA. None of them would pricematch the ad. The sku on the ad is for the 9800pro128mb. I didn't try frys cause I don't want to drive that far, and by the time I would get there, they would of figured it out anyways.

I just looked at the SOcal ad on the internet, which was probably fixed, but it had no such offer. Too bad about it being a typo! :(:(

If someone does this for me too, I will ALSO give you a great fee for doing it for me, i will pay for: The card itself, tax, price to ship it to me, and a fee for getting it. PM me if interested!~ Also, on houston, I opened up my frys ad, nothing, it doesnt even advertise the 9800xt today. I wonder if you could print it off the link the other person gave us, and show it to CC or BB?

Went to Fry's today and it was back to normal price. Grr.

**Update**

First I went to Fry's out here in phoenix, i went through a long line to finally get up to the manager and talk to him about the coupon and he of course said it was a typo. I proceed to tell him that he had to honor the coupon if he had the item in stock. I was very persistent but he continued to say he wouldn't give it to me. I pulled out my cell phone "im calling my lawyer" And pretened like i was actually gonna call someone. He stopped me and said "You know what we did have a few of those in stock but I dont think we have any more."

Ten Minutes later he comes back with the inevitable "sorry all out" bull$hit. So we settled with a $10 gift certificate.

I then went to Compusa and grabbed the display box for a 9800xt. I looked for the counter person who looked the dumbest and tried to trick them into selling me the card for the price-matched price. He called over the manager and apparently other people came in trying to do the same thing I was. Oh well

Deals like these are so obviously not going to be honored. I have no idea why people even waste the time if Fry's is more than 5 minutes away.

**Update**

First I went to Fry's out here in phoenix, i went through a long line to finally get up to the manager and talk to him about the coupon and he of course said it was a typo. I proceed to tell him that he had to honor the coupon if he had the item in stock. I was very persistent but he continued to say he wouldn't give it to me. I pulled out my cell phone "im calling my lawyer" And pretened like i was actually gonna call someone. He stopped me and said "You know what we did have a few of those in stock but I dont think we have any more."

Ten Minutes later he comes back with the inevitable "sorry all out" bull$hit. So we settled with a $10 gift certificate.

I then went to Compusa and grabbed the display box for a 9800xt. I looked for the counter person who looked the dumbest and tried to trick them into selling me the card for the price-matched price. He called over the manager and apparently other people came in trying to do the same thing I was. Oh well
That was a good waste of half a day and I applaud you for trying to rip off comp USSR

Originally posted by S0mE0nEsMiNd1
If someone does this for me too, I will ALSO give you a great fee for doing it for me, i will pay for: The card itself, tax, price to ship it to me, and a fee for getting it. PM me if interested!~ Also, on houston, I opened up my frys ad, nothing, it doesnt even advertise the 9800xt today. I wonder if you could print it off the link the other person gave us, and show it to CC or BB?
Read the thread instead of reading the first post and posting

**Update**

The ad didn't say no rainchecks. I would have asked for one. If this is a typo, what was the price supposed to be ? Or was it supposed to be a 9800pro for that price ? I know Fry's has the built by ATI 9800 pros for 249. I wouldn't put it past Fry's to have done this on purpose just to get people in the store. I'm in Phoenix too. Which location did you go to ? Thunderbird or Baseline ? Thanks.

sacramento ad lists it f0r $188 ... but I just got back and they are WELL aware that it is a typo. They were jerks about it to boot

ya one of the people at the sac one came over and asked if i was looking for that card. I said ya I already read the sign. He kind of laughed and said sorry that must suck.

Seriously thinking of going to best buy right now but I bet someone already tried to price match it.

try another place where dumbasses work that sells those cards, wallmart, CC, BB, mabie target ?, any other electronics store

i think the highest card walmart carries is the 5200 ULTRA!1111111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back