9800 GTX+ paper launch?

sc3252

Gawd
Where are the 9800GTX+ I thought they were supposed to be released on the 8th, same as the 4870. Yet I cant find one(not that I want one, but I want to know why they are not here).

I think your title is a bit off (I think) 9800GTX+ = 738 core / 2200. I wasn't under the impression that the + was a firm indicator that you were going to get a 55nm CPU, atleast not according to nvidia's wording, the 55nm parts are coming out, but just because it has the + on it doesn't mean specifically 55nm, because 65nm g92's can easily clock to that as well. That was my impression anyways.

I think your title is a bit off (I think) 9800GTX+ = 738 core / 2200. I wasn't under the impression that the + was a firm indicator that you were going to get a 55nm CPU, atleast not according to nvidia's wording, the 55nm parts are coming out, but just because it has the + on it doesn't mean specifically 55nm, because 65nm g92's can easily clock to that as well. That was my impression anyways.
the 9800gtx+ is a 55nm part. end of story...;)

4870X2 paper launch?

If its not out when they said it would be, and have official reviews for it, then yes. The 4870X2 was a preview, with every review stating it wont be out a for a while. While on the other hand the 9800gtx+ was supposed to be out on the 8th with reviews out stating that it would be launched the same day as the 4870...

Just seems like it's been lost in the turmoil of the current higher end price drops. Nvidia really needs to revamp the pricing on all the current NV cards on the market before releasing any more into this mess, even if it means flushing a bunch of cards out at the under $100 mark!

Back