980 ti SLI vs 1080 ti

McCHillin

Limp Gawd
im wondering if it would be worth it to trade 2 980 ti's for 1080 ti as of 2/18?

I have
(1) 980 ti KingPin & (1) 980 ti Classified.

if i were to trade these for i single GPU solution, what GPU should i hope for?
Thoughts?

Given the type of cards i have, what 1080 ti should i hope for?

For gaming any 1080 Ti will crush any 980 Ti for gaming and mining, tons of benchmarks on that subject. Not really sure what that best 1080 Ti is for gaming, it's all about cooling though. With equal cooling there's not a lot of variance with Pascal's that I know of.

i mean more like, should i hope for a kingpin or a blower style lol?
Honestly man, the values are so variable these days, it's hard to say. Maybe impossible. It just depends on the deal you find. I cannot see that it tracks in any kind of sensible way at the moment. I know that's not very helpful.

Kingpin's are a waste of money for anyone not running them under some sort of phase change cooling. Their power delivery is so over-built that you'd never take advantage of it on air. Stock for stock it will perform on par with pretty much any other non-reference 1080Ti. I say non-reference because the stock blowers do throttle their speed down after a few minutes of gaming due to temps. Stick with something like an SC/SC2/FTW3 (or similar from other manufacturers) and you'll be good.

Kingpin's are a waste of money for anyone not running them under some sort of phase change cooling. Their power delivery is so over-built that you'd never take advantage of it on air. Stock for stock it will perform on par with pretty much any other non-reference 1080Ti. I say non-reference because the stock blowers do throttle their speed down after a few minutes of gaming due to temps. Stick with something like an SC/SC2/FTW3 (or similar from other manufacturers) and you'll be good.
I was using these as an example of quality

Back