980 ti advise

Theren76

n00b
Hi currently working on learning about repairing graphics cards I ended up diagnosing a 980 ti I got with 2 bad mosfets its the reference pcb so I removed them. The card now boots after replacing one of the two mosfets (second is on the way) and runs most games fine under a benchmark it crashes but runs 1440p destiny 2 on ultra for hours. Wondering if this could be a different issue on the board or if it's caused by the weak vrm. Any help is appreciated!

Probably related to the VRM. Fix it fully and then troubleshoot further if you need to.

Consider yourself incredibly lucky if you were able to solder one of those FDMF6823As on the first try.

Probably related to the VRM. Fix it fully and then troubleshoot further if you need to.

Consider yourself incredibly lucky if you were able to solder one of those FDMF6823As on the first try.
I have a test board to use as a sacrifice thanks for the help!

I have a test board to use as a sacrifice thanks for the help!
I would advise against cannibalizing the FDMF6823As from a used board. They fail because they ran too hot over a long period of time, so a used one may be worn out anyway, but also, they're very easy to damage when you remove them with hot air.

Be patient. Get new ones.

I would advise against cannibalizing the FDMF6823As from a used board. They fail because they ran too hot over a long period of time, so a used one may be worn out anyway, but also, they're very easy to damage when you remove them with hot air.

Be patient. Get new ones.
Sorry i did order new ones. I guess I didn't specify that I also tested the one iv put on no shorts from the negative pad to either of the other 2 pads. Also after reinstall no shorts on the board. Your videos were a huge help so thanks

Back