970 for 152

plz advise thanks
the card would mostly be used for video/photo editing light gaming

Need help i got some gc's i can get a
980 for 318 or
970 for 152

plz advise thanks
the card would mostly be used for video/photo editing light gaming

Depends on what you consider light gaming. If you just mean older games, or 2D indie titles or similarly non-graphically intense games, the 970 ought to be plenty. If you just mean "I'm not going to be playing games every day, but I'd like them to work right when I do" then you want the 980.

My suspicion is that, if you're going to be doing photo/video editing, you've probably got a bigass monitor that you'll be using with the system. With that in mind, I think you'll have a better experience with the 980, especially at that price point.

$318 is new GTX970 territory. If you can get a 980 for that price, I say do it.

I just got a 980 and it's great, but make sure you have a decent cpu. My i5 2500 is bottlenecking it

Personally, I'd get the GTX 970. The cards are already well over a year old and Pascal is due out this year which is rumored to be one of the largest generation jumps. Not to mention you are only going to be doing light gaming which I assume a GTX 970 would fill your needs.

Buy 980, sell it surplus NIB, buy 970. Spend $ saved on beer/weed if its legal. Profit.

I'd still take 970 since new GPUs come out this year.

Personally, I'd get the GTX 970. The cards are already well over a year old and Pascal is due out this year which is rumored to be one of the largest generation jumps. Not to mention you are only going to be doing light gaming which I assume a GTX 970 would fill your needs.

For the cost of a 970...get the 980.

Pascal might come out this year...but given the rumors of another woodscrew GPU, it may end up being longer than people are dreaming.

For the cost of a 970...get the 980.

Pascal might come out this year...but given the rumors of another woodscrew GPU, it may end up being longer than people are dreaming.

The 980 is still twice as much as the 970 he'd get. For light gaming it would be pointless.

For light gaming might as well get a 960 or even a 950. If a 970 can be had for 152, a 950 could probably be had for less than 80.

For a mere 10% or less difference in performance (depending on game and without OC) paying twice more is pointless. Buy 970, OC it and enjoy great performance. Save it for pascal/volta.

What kind of resolution are you gaming at? 1080P/1200P or less go with a 970. Anything higher and grab the 980.

the 980 shouldn't even be considered at this point. you either buy a 970 or a 980 Ti. an overclocked 970 is faster than a stock 980, and an overclocked 980 is only around 15% faster than that. terrible value.

Yeah, I'm still puzzled at why 980 gets recommended. The price premium on it vs. the 970 made sense only when it was the top of the line and you couldn't get that extra performance anywhere else. Buying now, it's a pretty poor investment, especially when looking ahead.

980 not worth twice as much as the 970. If it was a 980ti then maybe.

I'd agree, go with the 970 for now and then jump to Pascal. A 980 just isn't worth the $/performance gain over a 970 when Pascal is most likely only a half year or so away.

Back