97.46 NVidia Vista drivers Not Working

Cabn12

Limp Gawd
I just downloaded the 97.46 drivers released today by NVidia for Vista and can’t get them to load. I tried manually installing the driver with no luck. I get an error saying there was problem during installation. I did do an uninstall of the old driver first. I asked my brother in law if he had tried loading them and he is having the same problem. Anybody else having the problem?

Grab the international driver package instead of the localized version and see if that works for you.

Speaking of not working, where is temperature monitoring? My drivers installed fine to a Vista x32 7900GT setup.

Here's another problem, downloaded OpenGL screen savers (like Flurry) are not working. I did the screen saver desktop trick and so far its only working with the installed screen savers. When I open any of my downloaded screen savers, task manager shows the .scr process as running but the screen is black in the mini preview window and black when I try to go to a full screen preview. These RTM drivers are supposed to have hardware level support of OpenGL right?

Try this.

Once you have uninstalled your old drivers, do a scan for hardware changes. It will show up as standard vga... found. Then try installing your 97.46 drivers. Also, is this a laptop or desktop? IF it is a laptop you have to go here and read the instruction. Laptopvideo2go.com.

Try this.

Once you have uninstalled your old drivers, do a scan for hardware changes. It will show up as standard vga... found. Then try installing your 97.46 drivers. Also, is this a laptop or desktop? IF it is a laptop you have to go here and read the instruction. Laptopvideo2go.com.

I have a 7900 GT KO desktop. I rebooted into safemode and used driver clean from Guru3d and then rebooted to only Standard VGA still not luck with 97.46. I would tend to think it's just my system but my brother in law with a similar config is having the same problem.

Back