950ti specs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 89018
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89018

Just did a quick google and ran across this:

http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/Nvidia/900_Series/GeForce_GTX_950_Ti_2GB/2454

I don't recall seeing rumours about the 950's specs, and the last I saw about it was when rumors were still pointing to a 960 with 1280SPs, 960Ti with 1536SPs and I think a 950Ti was rumored at the same time with 1024SPs.

Obviously now the 960 is out with 1024SPs, so that throws the rumor for a bit of a loop - I suppose we could still see a 960Ti based on a really cut-down GM204, still - but I don't recall seeing specs like this anywhere else.

If true, it might mean the regular 950 is either further cut-down, at say, 768SPs, or there could be a GM207 for the regular 950 that's an update of GM107 with the new H265 logic and whatever other generational tweaks they've come up with.

Under 960 will be serious budget hardware (despite whatever msrp is) that works well with the lees-than-100w available systems, is my take.

I see they also have a gtx 960 Ti listed, the rumored 1536 version. I hope we see this released soon, I really want to see the benchmarks on that.

The 950 Ti looks like a serious upgrade from the 750 Ti, but drawing about 25 watts more power. If the price point is the same as the 750 Ti, thats a serious card for the money. You could still get away with sticking it in a lot of these premade machines from Dell, etc that have some kind of discrete graphics card and really boost their gaming capability. In fact one of my sons has a system that is still running a gtx 260-(216) and that would a huge upgrade for him without having to change out any other parts. The cpu is fast enough to support that level of graphics card. I will have to keep an eye on the price and benchmarks of this.

Yeah, I'm wondering how that 960ti thing is going to work out. If it's just a slightly more cut-down GM204 from the 970, they'd be cannibalizing their own sales. It'd also be a huge leap from the 960 to the 960ti, although that isn't unhead of, I think they did the same in the 600 series?

Anyways, if these specs are true - 896SPs at 85W for a 950Ti - then it bodes well for the rest of the "lower end" line. 750Ti performance could wind up in a 940 series, and we might see some passable hardware at the low end 930 type stuff. As someone who likes small form factor systems that need low profile video cards, that would be pretty exciting.

Back