95 processes (but a witch ain't 1)

Dome

2[H]4U
so i have a lot of processes running on my computer (windows 7 64, asus zenbook ux21) and i have no idea how to reduce them down. i ran decrapifyer when i first got the pc but didn't want to uninstall anything necessary. i'm having some input lag trying to compose an email in gmail and went to check my tasks.

its just annoying because now, i have no problems typing, but when i'm composing an email it's very noticable. and it's new: i had no problems last time i used the computer (last night)

any ideas?

Post a pic of the Process Explorer display, and I (or others) can help you determine if the ones pegging the cpu are necessary.

Does Asus have the option on their recovery media to do a clean install with just the machine's driver?

A bare install of Windows 7 will idle at 27 to 29 processes. I idle at around 31 processes with my AV being the only non-os related service which runs. I set Nvidia stuff to Manual so that it doesn't run until I right click the desktop.

Anyways, is it just me or does "95 processes (but a bitch ain't 1)" sound like a cool title to a rap song?

bigdogchris said:
A bare install of Windows 7 will idle at 27 to 29 processes. I idle at around 31 processes with my AV being the only non-os related service which runs. I set Nvidia stuff to Manual so that it doesn't run until I right click the desktop.

Anyways, is it just me or does "95 processes (but a bitch ain't 1)" sound like a cool title to a rap song?

not sure if joking. look up '99 Problems' on youtube :D

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

How did you do that? I did a fresh installation of window 7 on my desktop. Total processes are 35. That is before I install any other application including MSE.

hi everyone, sorry for the late response, a busy week for me. Thanks for all the suggestions, ya i'm idling at 92 processes atm, here's the list:

processes.jpg

i wonder if the gmail input lag is unrelated to the tons of processes...i never get any input lag with anything else...thanks guys

You have a lot of things running, I'm not sure if you need them all, but it probably does not matter, your cpu usage is at 2%, you should not get any lag if you have a decent cpu from cpu usage of your programs. Your ram usage is high however, and it could be you are swapping to the pagefile a lot. I would look at a ram upgrade if possible. There are a number of tools to show hard faults to help you decide if it's a limited memory problem, go into task manager, and look in resource monitor and look at disk access while you have different work loads going on, and it should give you an idea of what's going on there. If you're running x64 Windows, and you have free ram slots, upgrading ram should be pretty easy. Otherwise, it can be problematic. Post your system specs as well if you need further help. That said, I find it likely that if it's only gmail that's lagging, it is probably a browser add-on, I would try running with no add-ons mode, then enable them one by one to see which one might be causing issues.

Last edited:
Which processor do you have in there and what browser are you using? I googled the UX21E and the lowend processor option is the i3 2367M, 1.4Ghz. The gmail web interface is a huge pig and would run pretty crappy on a processor like that. Might run a bit better in Chrome.

endtask:
ACEngSvr.exe
ACMON.exe
AsScrPro.exe
BatteryLife.exe
BtvStack.exe
dmedia.exe
FLxHClm.exe
HControl.exe
HControlUser.exe
InsOnWMI.exe
LiveUpdate.exe
QuickGesture.exe
QuickGesture64.exe
USBChargerPlus.exe
wcourier.exe
wdc.exe
wisptis.exe
wisptis.exe

If it gets better you may consider uninstalling/msconfig turning off a few of those. Like others have mentioned, this may not be the root of your problem.

Thanks for the replies, i've been busy, but i'll be back after playing around with your suggestions.

i do have the higher end version, if that matters. i don't know if i can upgrade the memory, i'm not in a big hurry to open up this thing though. like i was saying the only real issue i've noticed with this thing is gmail, so maybe i'll just use chrome or suck it up; it's not even a huge problem.

thanks again

Back