92 & 120mm fans...HIGHEST flow PERIOD

fubar569

[H]ard|Gawd
i'm in the market for some new fans. Either 92 or 120mm in side...preferably 120...what is the highest flowing fans for those sizes...no compromises...i don't care if it sounds like a mack truck...i just want the highest possible flow...also, could you provide links? thanks guys (and gals)

The 92 will most likely be the Vantec Tornado, but I don't have a link handy.

Delta makes a 250cm 120mm fan. No idea where to buy it though. Frozencpu also carries some high cfm 172mm fans.

i like that...190cfm...mmmm....
i also couldn't find anything more than the tornado in 92mm size

i was thinking of an SLK-900A with 92mm tornadoes for my dually. I'm selling off the watercooling and needed something high end to replace it...and i figure i could mount 120mm fans on top to further increase performance...what's your thoughts on that? the 92.. is gonna be tight but would be centered on the SLK whereas the 120's would have to be offset to fit. if i went with those 190cfm ones i don't think the offset would matter any...lol:D

now i know this isn't a size i specified, but i went to overclockers.com and read the review for the new prescott retail heatsink...The fan is an 80 x 38 mm rated at 213 cfm at 8500 rpm...but the sucker at that speed rings in at 103dBA...HOLY CRAP!

...holy crap.

If my secondary rig was functional, I'd be all over getting me one of those fans, but for now, it's hard enough to sleep with a Tornado in the background.

59DB, jesus christ.

I wish I had a girlfriend that forgiving.

My g/f moans about my computer at 35db

I have watercooling right now, but i don't want to invest any additional monies into it at this point to convert to closed loop. It's been a hell of a ride, but not very practical for a server...some will argue that point, but i'd feel more comfortable leaving my house knowing there isn't a half gallon of water circulating in my tower...now for a casual gaming machine that you won't be leaving on all the time or a special purpose rig...yeah it's great...i had that too, but like i said right now it's just not for me...

Originally posted by fubar569
I have watercooling right now, but i don't want to invest any additional monies into it at this point to convert to closed loop. It's been a hell of a ride, but not very practical for a server...some will argue that point, but i'd feel more comfortable leaving my house knowing there isn't a half gallon of water circulating in my tower...now for a casual gaming machine that you won't be leaving on all the time or a special purpose rig...yeah it's great...i had that too, but like i said right now it's just not for me...

makes perfect sense. I leave my home servers air cooled as well

My rack is one hell of a loud mofo... but it's in the basement and I don't care. :D

Main rig on the other hand, it needs to be freaking quiet, since I sleep with it in the same room.

Back