+90C Furmark Temps on Gigabyte OC GTX 670 at Stock Speeds

Not sure if you own a Kepler GPU, but they start downclocking the boost at around 70c or so. So it is something work worrying about. 100c is not a acceptable temp for a gtx 670 in furmark. My GTx 680s only hit 70c in furmark after an hour or so or more. from what I read 670s are about the same. Something is definitely off with his card and deserves to be looked into. Not sure I'd send it in and rma it as it could be as simple as reapplying tim or tightening the heatsink screws.

I do and I hadn't read that yet?

My previous cards a couple gtx 560ti didn't start slowing down in benchmarks till it hit 100 * c in sli. I read that was the throttle temp for 560ti.

I do and I hadn't read that yet?

My previous cards a couple gtx 560ti didn't start slowing down in benchmarks till it hit 100 * c in sli. I read that was the throttle temp for 560ti.

It is indeed true regarding current Kepler cards. They are set to downclock progressively from 70c onward through around 80c, reducing both voltage and clockspeeds as a function of the GPU boost tech.

Rotated case designs do not play well with heatpipes. In this case, the liquid in the heat pipes cannot counteract the gravity that pulls them downward, resulting in poor cooling ability.

Well the card is in the mail now. When I get the replacement (it will either be the same card or the Asus TOP once it starts showing up), I will post back with an update.

I am getting 56-57 degrees in Heaven (benchmarking at 2560X1440) and get around 52 degrees in all my games. Stock Gigabyte fans, lots of airflow in my case though, I have 3 front intake fans, 1 bottom intake with an interior fan blowing right onto the cpu (love the Spedo case design) and the large stock side fan. If I pop the side of my case off and stick my hand in real quick its pretty chilly in there. I also have 2 rear exhaust fans, large top exhaust fan and rear CPU exhaust fan. So I know most people don't have a setup like mine because they would simply prefer water cooled, but I didn't want to go there yet, I prefer the reliability of good fans.

in any setup 90 degrees is too hot, I think something is wrong with it, did you check to make sure all the fans are working? otherwise it could be heatsink, would run more tests and maybe RMA it.

The case should be fine.
Running the same case and card and maxing at about 75 in furmark though I don't leave it for ages.
Just till it seems to plane out.
Although vertical pipes aren't ideal (and kinda stupid, imo) there will be enough general circulation to cool the card.

Anyway, I think you made the right choice because it seems a couple on this thread have the consensus that the temps should be a fair bit lower.

Oh, and mine is stock settings with auto fan. Case fans at 600rpm and blowing though a rad.

Mine gets to 80c, 57%fan, 1086mhz and 128% power.

In games it's usually closer to 1250mhz...

The case should be fine.
Running the same case and card and maxing at about 75 in furmark though I don't leave it for ages.
Just till it seems to plane out.
Although vertical pipes aren't ideal (and kinda stupid, imo) there will be enough general circulation to cool the card.

Anyway, I think you made the right choice because it seems a couple on this thread have the consensus that the temps should be a fair bit lower.

Oh, and mine is stock settings with auto fan. Case fans at 600rpm and blowing though a rad.

Appreciate the feedback. Good to know someone with the same setup has significantly different results. Hopefully the next one will be more in line with your results.

I went from a Ref. 580 to a GB 670 OC. The windforce cooling really showed me the poor choices I chose regarding fan placement and push/pull... Maybe you should re-arrange your fans to pull all the heat off the card?

Furmark = super high temps, if you are getting such high temps in games I would be worried.

Back