$9.97 PC Case at Tiger ($6.99 to ship from IL to FL)

bout 25 after ship/tax...no rebates though, nice case for 10$ before ship.

It's probably a plastic POS, but hey... if you need another cheap case something... why not?

How do they make money when they give away free PC cases? :confused:

man i kind of want to bite. definitely looks nice for a 9.97 case. ship is only 8.99 to ny too!

pc299 said:
It's probably a plastic POS, but hey... if you need another cheap case something... why not?
The specs say it's made out of steel. It doesn't seem too bad if you're trying to build a cheap computer.

B. W. said:
The specs say it's made out of steel. It doesn't seem too bad if you're trying to build a cheap computer.

I think the complaint is of the bezel. Some people see silver and think aluminum.

Personally, I wouldn't expect any < $100 to have an aluminum bezel.

Personally, for $9.97 that's a tremendous deal on a cheap case. $8.99 to houston tx.

Looks like a good deal for beware.........

Because knowing Tigerdirect it is probably made from cardboard.

I picked one up, needed a cheap case to use for the PC I'm building my dad outa spare parts.

Thanks OP

BMWlover said:
Looks like a good deal for beware.........

Because knowing Tigerdirect it is probably made from cardboard.

haha, as long as theres no rebates :p

I have purchased many of these and there cousins as cheap builds for people who leave their cases in cubby holes or desks. They are pretty darn flimsy. Make sure to fully inspect the case when you get it because if UPS kicks it around, which we all know they do, there is a possibility of it denting even with the edges foamed in. I had one where the corner dented in so much you couldn't get the side panel off. So far, only one dented like that. Otherwise, I have had decent luck with these. Also, don't get this if you transport your case a lot because they scratch easy too.

Anyone know how they make money by giving away free PC cases? :confused:

Hulk said:
Anyone know how they make money by giving away free PC cases? :confused:
How does walmart make money on their cheaper things and manage to put mom and pop out of business? They sell some stuff for cheaper with hopes that you'll buy other stuff that yields a beefy product to neutralize the loss on the other and then some. Plus, maybe it's time for them to get rid of these shitboxes to load up their warehouses with other stuff to sell

ziddey said:
How does walmart make money on their cheaper things and manage to put mom and pop out of business? They sell some stuff for cheaper with hopes that you'll buy other stuff that yields a beefy product to neutralize the loss on the other and then some. Plus, maybe it's time for them to get rid of these shitboxes to load up their warehouses with other stuff to sell

Yep =)

And its what us deal hunters live off of :p

Well...since it is the manufacturer usually giving the rebate, they sometimes do it for name recognition or as an incentive to the wholesaler (such as TigerDirect.com) to purchase a large quantity of another model that cost more or another of their product. Then TigerDirect.com or other wholesaler turns around and uses the freebie deal to attract you to their site to sell you other stuff. Since shipping is so much, you purchase more to make it worth the order. Being that almost all wholesalers have a shipping dept that makes money off of shipping, that is why they charge more than what you or I could package and ship it for. Now the other product that they had to purchase to get the cheap cases can be offed with other deals later and they still get rid of inventory. They could even sell it at cost to lure you into buying other things. Either way, the wholesaler makes money and the manufacturer made money. It is a matter of how many units overall are sold not how much they can squeeze out of each single unit.

CyberDeus-RagDoll said:
wTF..
$8.99 TO SHIP from fl (miami) to fl (daytona) and I have to pay tax!
:-(

Since when does Tiger ship from Miami?!?! ;)

You have to pay taxes because of the damn office and store down in Miami. :(

Any state that has a Tiger store would have to pay tax.

Gilthanis said:
Well...since it is the manufacturer usually giving the rebate, they sometimes do it for name recognition or as an incentive to the wholesaler (such as TigerDirect.com) to purchase a large quantity of another model that cost more or another of their product. Then TigerDirect.com or other wholesaler turns around and uses the freebie deal to attract you to their site to sell you other stuff. Since shipping is so much, you purchase more to make it worth the order. Being that almost all wholesalers have a shipping dept that makes money off of shipping, that is why they charge more than what you or I could package and ship it for. Now the other product that they had to purchase to get the cheap cases can be offed with other deals later and they still get rid of inventory. They could even sell it at cost to lure you into buying other things. Either way, the wholesaler makes money and the manufacturer made money. It is a matter of how many units overall are sold not how much they can squeeze out of each single unit.

Thanks, that's a really good explanation. I kind of figured that they were still making money on this.

ThatsAgood1jay said:
I dont wanna know how much forced labor was put into those cases to make them so cheap

it's ok. out of sight, out of mind.

jonnyGURU said:
Since when does Tiger ship from Miami?!?! ;)

You have to pay taxes because of the damn office and store down in Miami. :(

Any state that has a Tiger store would have to pay tax.

You missed the point. the topic says $6.99 to ship.
I'm getting 8.99, and I'm in florida.
Also, FL residents pay tax.

Topic says
$9.97 PC Case at Tiger ($6.99 to ship from IL to FL)

When, for florida people (since he mentions "TO FL" he must be targetting us floridians for the point of it.

It's actually
9.97 PC Case at Tiger ($8.99 + tax to ship from IL to FL)

It's a "20 something" case by the time you're done.

Oh, and I got two hard enclosures from tiger that had miami as the shipping source.

He is me. I'm the OP.

And it seems that they jacked up the shipping, because I too am in FL and the shipping to me was only $6.99.

jonnyGURU said:
He is me. I'm the OP.

And it seems that they jacked up the shipping, because I too am in FL and the shipping to me was only $6.99.

Well, fortunately..

I can get the Ultra Black MicroFly that's on rebate with this, and the shipping charge stays the same, so that makes it pretty good

This case+the microfly = $40 shipped AR
Paired with the FAR 500W ultra and I've got quite a decent little source here.

WOW that case doesnt look too bad either. looks pretty clean and pro. i think i should nab a few incase i need to build some PC for friends

bought 1 for dummie system i have... ~$19.00 shipped to CO not too shabby

Picked this up, thanks OP.
I should say that the description is wrong; it actually has 2 120mm fan mounts, not 80mm.
The shelves holding the PSU were not level so I had to bend them with my fingers(no biggie).
I've attched a pic of my assembled rig for those needing an idea about clearances. That's an XFX 6800XT and a PCP&C 510 SLI PSU.
I was not able to turn the hard drive around due to interference with the front fan. My MB is only 2 mm from the bottom of the case so I gave up on routing the front panel wires underneath the MB. The case is 16¼ inches high.

4degt21.jpg

price is up to 16.97, and shipping to NV is 20.75. So...not hot for me. Pity. Server needs something to replace the P180. Its way too nice of a case to be sitting in the closet.

Back