9/9/16 Happy Birthday Dreamcast!

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
9/9/99!!!

I went to Kaybee Toys at the mall to pickup my preordered console, Sonic Adventure,Soul Calibur and VMU.
I even pre-rented the console from Hollywood Video for with a $300(?) deposit.

sega_dc_10th_01.jpg

sega_dc_10th_02.jpg

sega_dc_10th_03.jpg

sega_dc_10th_04.jpg

sega_dc_10th_05.jpg

I still have mine sitting around somewhere. Sega releasing it and the arcade versions of the board(Naomi and Naomi 2) and sammy releasing their's(atomiswave) ment some really good arcade ports of amazing games.

I actually have both in arcade forum. An atomiswave shooting cabinet and a naomi setup(actually have a naomi 2 board to swap in that I haven't). MVC2, Power Stone 1 &2, rival schools 2, DOA 2, Capcom Vs SNK, Virtua Tennis 1 and 2, etc.

Anyway the weird thing about the dreamcast is most people can't seem to really list bad games for the system. Most seemed to be really good. Also loved crazy taxi.

I enjoyed NFL2K1, Power Stone, Resident Evil Code Veronica, and Ready 2 Rumble on that beast.

I bought mine on the 11th, because I was in college, with no vehicle, at the time. It was just easier to wait until the weekend. Anyway, I still have it, along with all my games, which is probably around 30 or so. Some of my favorites include Crazy Taxi, Grandia II, NFL2K1, Soul Calibur, Shemnue, Skies of Arcadia, and Toy Commander.

There's still several titles I want to get, that I missed out on at the time.

Last edited:
Back