8TB easystore $159.99 BestBuy

Damnit.. Made me use my $100 gift card.. This is my third purchase lol... Can't have too much space I suppose... lol.

Saw this on reddit and bit for far too many. My server is down to 9TB of free space left so I figured I may as well go for it.

Got 3. They won't let me do more than that per day. lol

I placed multiple orders to get past the limitation of 3. It says they are all ready for pickup at the moment so I guess we will see how it goes.

I wonder what I should use to crack the enclosure open.

In for 1... Even able to arrange pickup at the Best buy down the road from me which was kinda neat!

I wonder what I should use to crack the enclosure open.
use some old credit cards or a gift cards...actually NovaCloud linked to a nice how to. You do not have to cut the cards to look like Guitar Picks, though if you have guiltar picks those probably would work really well

Just a heads up, if your a premiere member and are within the 45 day window from the last deal, you can get them to price match it on previously purchased drives.

use some old credit cards or a gift cards...actually NovaCloud linked to a nice how to. You do not have to cut the cards to look like Guitar Picks, though if you have guiltar picks those probably would work really well

It's easier with credit cards than guitar picks... picks are too thick.

You don't have to put them that far in either, credit card, literally 1/4inch inserted middle of the device, opens no problem. I broke the tabs on one before i figured out how to do it right.

I think describing those as "tabs" is what's so confusing, they aren't a locking mechanism in any way, they are only there to guide.

yeah i cut an old credit card in to 4 pieces, its so easy to do, and then apply force and the front top and bottom with a screw driver i was able to push it back and then out. Did this on 5 now such an easy process.

vMUyXOR.png

Disk 2 is a Seagate 8TB SMR. Disk 3 is this WD Red 8TB.

Moving files from the Seagate to the WD

Last edited:
wow ......... incredibly fast. Seeing 155 - 165MB/s write

picking another one up today.

I have around 7 or so older externals, 4 x WD Mybooks, 1 to 2TB each, a Seagate 4TB and a Hitachi 3TB. Xfering movies, photos and music over to the new 8TB and then quickly selling the 3TB and 4TB for 75 each in order to pick up a 2nd 8TB today or tomorrow.

Smoking deal for the brand, quality and performance.

I was going to buy one for work purposes yesterday.

They had 4 of em on the shelf at the store.

Went to the crapper.

Came back, and the shelf was bare!

I was going to buy one for work purposes yesterday.

They had 4 of em on the shelf at the store.

Went to the crapper.

Came back, and the shelf was bare!

Man they had at least 20 here when I went in on sunday. Giant stack of em, like they were preparing for the rush. I bet spinning HDD's stay low in price for the foreseeable future.

I picked one up, I'll shuck it and put it in a Drobo/Synology when I get back. Would you guys recommend picking up one or two every time there's a sale like this to make sure I get varied lot numbers/batches/etc?

I saw the offer on a notification service for Canon shooters. I ended up getting three of them... but the orders wouldn't show up online... I placed four orders.. called BestBuy at least twice. They could never find the order numbers. Three days later, they started showing up in my email inbox. Cancelled two orders, was too late to cancel the fourth. So, now I have three of them. But I can use them, or sell one. I already had close to 40 Tb in total...but photography storage consumes lots of space..and most data is only backed up once, but twice is best..for a total of three copies of each file.

Or maybe I could try Burst coin mining..... which is HDD based.

Anyone else notice these were back at $159.99 on Black Friday? I ordered a couple to finish up a project, but they are not scheduled to arrive until December 5th.

Back