8GHz A10-6800K AMD ‘Richland’ APU!

Some dude from Southern Asia I think hit a similar range with the 5800k. Though the 6800k definitely overclocks much more stabler than the Trinity series did. Really nice! Really impressive how no cores/modules were disabled either.

Such an OC seems to indicate the potential for a lot more headroom out of that arch. There has been high OCs like that since Bulldozer. Too bad AMD couldn't find a way to get 5ghz+ retail parts out. I guess they will have one now, actually.

Of course if AMD is helping these people out with cherry picked parts, that does muddy the waters a bit.

Damn I would like to see pics of the setup, shit is insane. Most of the time I see this they only run one core so even more impressive that he got it there.

Actually, seeing as how Trinity's flashship, the 5800k would typically only get a stable OC of around 4.4Ghz on all four cores, whereas Richland can OC to 5.0/5.1Ghz on all four cores ON AIR, I think this is how AMD was able to make those new FX-9000 chips. This really shows how much progress AMD has made with their engineering improvements. This only makes me even more excited for Steamroller than I already was.

Isn't this an LN2 overclock? I mean the original bulldozer hit what 8.4 GHz on LN2.

Edit: It did not do that with all cores enabled though.

Last edited:
My hats off to the guy but I would like to see some pics of Prime95 or something stressing that OC.

Actually, seeing as how Trinity's flashship, the 5800k would typically only get a stable OC of around 4.4Ghz on all four cores, whereas Richland can OC to 5.0/5.1Ghz on all four cores ON AIR, I think this is how AMD was able to make those new FX-9000 chips. This really shows how much progress AMD has made with their engineering improvements. This only makes me even more excited for Steamroller than I already was.

you know steamroller is going to 28nm thought right? new process, any advancements they made with the 32nm process will not translate to the new process. Back to square one, but smaller node, will help a lot.

^Yeah I'm aware of that, though another part of Steamroller is lower power consumption as well. A large part of Steamroller's purpose is basically better efficiency. The clockspeeds might even drop a bit, but it won't matter since the IPC will be much improved. If they can increase the IPC a lot while keeping the power draws down, that'll be nice, but I'm sure they'll manage.

Back