8GB Zune, Black, free ship, free car kit - $80

I love my Zune Pass. All the music I want + 10 free songs for keeps, for $14.99 a month. My girlfriend and I love it.

I love the look of the 8gb...but it's too small for me :( 320kb + shit tons of music means 100gb+

nice.. i have a zune 30gb and its not very fun when you work out wiht the bigger model.. this would be great for someone who runs/jogs or works out.

sick deal, the car kit alone is 70 bones at newegg. but the reviews say it has terrible reception for the fm kit.

Love my Zune, hate teh Zune software.

over 65k songs, 20k albums....

It's just too much data for the software to handle. But I'm getting it down now.

Does anybody have any personal experience with the car kit? I don't usually trust the reviews on newegg and there are not to many of them.

I have the car kit.

It's ok. Not great, not bad. There's a site (belkin?!?!?) I don't recall the URL where you can type in your zip code and it gives you the best channels to use. I did it, and it helped. Here's what I've found in my 3 cars.

05 Mustang - Stock radio - Works great. very rarely get an bleed thru from something broadcasting on the channel I use. No static.

95 Mustang - Aftermarket radio - Works, but kind of sucks. There's an engine speed related static I get when listening to it. I don't get the static when playing a CD in that head unit. If I recall the static is there on the radio to. It's probably a bad ground to the head unit. I also seem to get more bleed thru from something broadcasting on the same channel. I don't use the transmitter in this car much as a result.

97 Expedition - Aftermarket radio - Middle of the road. No static, but more bleed thru than the 05 Mustang, but less than the 95. I use it in the expy quite a bit. (as well as the 05).

One thing that I've noticed helps a TON is to drape the power cord over the rearveiw mirror (it doubles as the broadcast antenna) so it's not all looped up. Definately helps the signal strength.

Having said that - I have an aftermarket nav unit going in the 05 with direct input, and I'll probably put new head units in the other cars with direct input as well (when I get a chance, it's not a huge priority, just something I'd like to do)

I went ahead and finally bit (on my own deal... LOL). I love my 120gb Zune, it's just a little too big to use while working out.

Love my Zune pass. Don't hate the Zune software nearly as much as I hate iTunes. However, if you are holding out for a bigger version, the new Zune is rumored to be out in the fall.

Damn Mother's day crept up on me without realizing it...

Oh well, ordered one for a late present for my wife. She listens to a lot of audio books on CD during commute and is tired of forgetting to send them back, not being able to listen to them again without re-renting them, and several other issues....

Once it gets here I just have to cancel the audio CD subscription and get her set up with Audible.....

I have the car kit.

It's ok. Not great, not bad. There's a site (belkin?!?!?) I don't recall the URL where you can type in your zip code and it gives you the best channels to use. I did it, and it helped. Here's what I've found in my 3 cars.

05 Mustang - Stock radio - Works great. very rarely get an bleed thru from something broadcasting on the channel I use. No static.

95 Mustang - Aftermarket radio - Works, but kind of sucks. There's an engine speed related static I get when listening to it. I don't get the static when playing a CD in that head unit. If I recall the static is there on the radio to. It's probably a bad ground to the head unit. I also seem to get more bleed thru from something broadcasting on the same channel. I don't use the transmitter in this car much as a result.

97 Expedition - Aftermarket radio - Middle of the road. No static, but more bleed thru than the 05 Mustang, but less than the 95. I use it in the expy quite a bit. (as well as the 05).

One thing that I've noticed helps a TON is to drape the power cord over the rearveiw mirror (it doubles as the broadcast antenna) so it's not all looped up. Definately helps the signal strength.

Having said that - I have an aftermarket nav unit going in the 05 with direct input, and I'll probably put new head units in the other cars with direct input as well (when I get a chance, it's not a huge priority, just something I'd like to do)

sorry no input on the product but got to say.... quite the Ford fan are we? of course this is coming from an 03 cobra and 67 mustang driver so i guess i cant say much... :)

Back