8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5V Kit $75

w4ffles

2[H]4U
One of Newegg's shellshockers today is the 8GB Corsair Vengeance kit. It's the same price and has the same specs as the G.SKILL kit that has been on sale a couple times. It's a good deal on lower voltage RAM if you missed the G.SKILL deal, didn't like the brand, or just wanted blue heat spreaders.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345

Too bad this didn't come earlier when there were applicable coupons.

Geez, RAM prices are so cheap now...I'm tempted to pick up a kit but I have no idea what I'd do with 8GB of RAM.

Missed the G.Skill deal, bit on this. Bought two, but wondering what to do with the second kit. Hmm...

I have no idea what I'd do with 8GB of RAM.

May I suggest putting them into your computer? :p

Great deal on this RAM. But I had to replace mine with the G.Skill snipers for the same price. The heat spreaders on the vengeance, while they seem very effective, are just too tall. They interfere with my push/pull setup on the CA70 air cooler. I could mix the G.Skills and the Corsairs but 16GB RAM... but that without a doubt is actually a waste for me.

May I suggest putting them into your computer? :p

Great deal on this RAM. But I had to replace mine with the G.Skill snipers for the same price. The heat spreaders on the vengeance, while they seem very effective, are just too tall. They interfere with my push/pull setup on the CA70 air cooler. I could mix the G.Skills and the Corsairs but 16GB RAM... but that without a doubt is actually a waste for me.
Brilliant idea! ;)

But nah, I mostly just play WoW/BC2 and surf the web and I doubt I'd actually use all 8GB of it. Maybe when BF3 comes out :D

Damn, I just received today an 8GB XMS3 (4x2GB) DDR3 1333 kit from Newegg that cost $89!!!

Great ram, had it for about 2 weeks with my overclocked system. Everything is very stable :)

1.65v ram works with sandy bridge, I had my system at same speed with 1.65 dominator ram

Did I say it won't? I only said that 1.65v ram is NOT intended for sandy bridge :rolleyes:

"not for sandy bridge" (what you actually typed) and "not intended for sandy bridge" (what you meant) are two different things altogether and can lead people to interpret the post in different ways...

chill, it was just a misunderstanding...

i now have 16 gigs of ram and im only using 2 gigs worth of it. it never goes above 5 gigs. i am set and dont have to buy new ram for at least 5 years. :p

Managed to resist the urge! Already have 3x4GB of this in black and didn't want to mismatch colors if I move to 24GB...

i now have 16 gigs of ram and im only using 2 gigs worth of it. it never goes above 5 gigs. i am set and dont have to buy new ram for at least 5 years. :p
Geez, you're giving M$ an awful lot of credit...

Managed to resist the urge! Already have 3x4GB of this in black and didn't want to mismatch colors if I move to 24GB...

Couldn't resist the timing. This plus a $25 off the P67 board was perfect for the build of my daughter's first computer. i3 and a nice budget gfx card and we are in business.

"not for sandy bridge" (what you actually typed) and "not intended for sandy bridge" (what you meant) are two different things altogether and can lead people to interpret the post in different ways...

chill, it was just a misunderstanding...

Chill yourself, I was responding to someone else, but you had to butt in? I wonder why :rolleyes: As for the meaning - I would argue otherwise but it's not time and place for grammar police, like you are trying to turn it into :p

Couldn't resist the timing. This plus a $25 off the P67 board was perfect for the build of my daughter's first computer. i3 and a nice budget gfx card and we are in business.

nice build for a first computer

Anyone know how this stuff overclocks? I bought a kit for my SB build, without really doing any research on it.

Geez, you're giving M$ an awful lot of credit...

Is he?

The whole point of ram is to use it. It burns energy regardless of how much of it is "used". I am actually rather dissapointed windows 7 does not do more agressive prefetching when you have large amounts of ram. I say I have 16GB load everything I ever use into it. But everyone out there seems to think the measure of an OS is how little ram it uses which is quite the opposite of how it should really be.

Anyone know how this stuff overclocks? I bought a kit for my SB build, without really doing any research on it.

I left speed and voltage at factory specs, and it doesn't stop my i7 cpu from overclocking. It's perfect :)

Chill yourself, I was responding to someone else, but you had to butt in? I wonder why :rolleyes: As for the meaning - I would argue otherwise but it's not time and place for grammar police, like you are trying to turn it into :p

I had no idea that this was a pm exchange between you two, I was under the assumption it was a message board thread where everyone is free to post, and my comment had nothing to do with grammar, what you typed and what you were trying to communicate were two different things as evidenced by someone else's interpretation, it's really not that hard to understand, and has absolutely nothing to do with "grammar"...

Back