8900GTXXX Super Ultra Hyperclocked Special Limited Edition?

BallerX said:
I would have to agree that the naming schemes for vid. cards are getting out of hand.

However to lump eVGA and BFG in with the crowd is kinda wrong. BFG simply adds OC to the versions it overclocks, and with eVGA the ko and co and superclocks are all faster than nvidia reference design. Of course my opinion is slightly bias.:D I happen to own a 7900gt CO Superclock currently running at 560/1720 on stock voltage..

Actually, I'm ok with BFG, since their "OC" means "OverClocked", and that is absolutely true. I'm still angry at eVGA because "CO", "KO", and "Superclocked" are completely retarded naming schemes. I understand that they're speed designations, but superclocked is really pushing it. And what the hell do CO and KO mean anyway? CrapOut and KnockOut?

Bona Fide said:
Actually, I'm ok with BFG, since their "OC" means "OverClocked", and that is absolutely true. I'm still angry at eVGA because "CO", "KO", and "Superclocked" are completely retarded naming schemes. I understand that they're speed designations, but superclocked is really pushing it. And what the hell do CO and KO mean anyway? CrapOut and KnockOut?

If im not mistaken the CO models are the ones with the copper heatsink. As for KO, I have no ideal.

Bona Fide said:

Sure, you are right those names are dumb. I, for one, am all for any of these companies making the switch to a white box with better internal shipping protection and black letters that read "eVGA PCI-e 7900gt" on the front and "core/mem speeds etc." on the back. Hell, at this point BFG could probably fire most of its marketing group and pass some of those resources on to savings for the consumer. for instance ask a woman when was the last time she switced brands of femonene products because of the color of the box..

Some of these names frustrate me more than others.. For instance: x800xl, x800xt, xt PE, etc, etc. These are often so confusing that I cant tell a customer in confedence wich one to get. Because I know they will buy the lame more heavilly packaged card instead of what I say is better. It has become such a problem that I have a friend whom I consider compter savy who bought a x800pro from BB because the sales staff convinced him it was as good as a 7800gs... because it said PRO!!! |3|3 4 TE[-] Wi/\/

I think I got a lot of you beat.

X18900GTxXx Super-Hyper-Extreme-Ultra-Clocked Special Type-R Signature Series Gold Diamond Silver Platinum Limited ToXiC-Overclocked CF Extra Value Edition, Manufactured by BFG, overclocked by eVGA, Marked up by Fatal1ty.

Ive got a x5900xt rev. 666 ES, runs on a slot that doesnt exist yet, with DX 35.

X18900GTxXx Super-Hyper-Extreme-Ultra-Clocked Special Type-R Signature Series Gold Diamond Silver Platinum Limited ToXiC-Overclocked CF Extra Value Edition, Manufactured by BFG, overclocked by eVGA, Marked up by Fatal1ty.

LOL!! :D

Actually the naming schemes seem to be getting less ridiculous than they were about 5-10 years ago..

Bona Fide said:
[rant]

Is this the direction that marketing is going in? Since when did a videocard with a 50MHz bump to the core/memory become "Superclocked"? Since when did "XXX" become a speed grade? This marketing bullsh*t is starting to tick me off.

Any opinions?

[/rant]

Because your average Joe Blow who knows crap and buys something caus eof the name for bragging rights.

Hey, i got an 7900 GTX, yeah well igot an FX5200 Ultra uber 1337 hardcore kick your ass special edition

To the average idiot, i mean joe blow, the fx5200 "sounds" better so it MUST perform better.

This is the direction marketing has ALWAYS gone, it is nothing new.

joemama said:
Actually the naming schemes seem to be getting less ridiculous than they were about 5-10 years ago..
Explain?

as i recall you had cards like

ATI Rage
Rage Fury MAXX
Radeon 7000

nvidia 256 et

i think they were alot simpler then......

Volkswagon has the golf..

apparently so does lambo..

7512.jpg

X18900GTxXx Super-Hyper-Extreme-Ultra-Clocked Special Type-R Signature Series Gold Diamond Silver Platinum Limited ToXiC-Overclocked CF Extra Value Edition, Manufactured by BFG, overclocked by eVGA, Marked up by Fatal1ty
II :)

I thought ATI's plain, Pro and XT was better than current

Nvidia's isn't so bad now. GTX, GT, GS is pretty easy to remember.

Anybody got any "X" exchangerate-link they wanna share?

Terra - Soon keyboards will come with a [GFX]-button...=XXXXXXXXXX :(

Whats even worse than the naming is the packaging... for being the best graphic cards ever they sure do have some ugly ass box art WTF???

Bbq said:
X18900GTxXx Super-Hyper-Extreme-Ultra-Clocked Special Type-R Signature Series Gold Diamond Silver Platinum Limited ToXiC-Overclocked CF Extra Value Edition, Manufactured by BFG, overclocked by eVGA, Marked up by Fatal1ty, and proven give you a huge e-penis because its in your sig on the [H]ardForums.

Absolutely could NOT resist.

The problem is that they plan on three cards and then the other guy plans on three cards, when one if faster than the other someone has to release a new card, with a different name to leap frog the other guy. This happens in all of the pricing catagories and each is 50 dollars different. Welcome to the 2006 price war, even though we don't like all of the names and different cards we do like what this is doing to the price of the products.

wish cards would of just started with like

ATI 1
NVIDIA 1

ATI 2
NVIDIA 2

ATI 3 Pro
NVIDIA 3 GTX , NVIDIA 3a NVIDIA 3b

:D

I think my issue is less with ATI and nVidia, but more with the third-party manufacturers. eVGA is responsible for the whole "CO" "KO" "Superclocked" business, while XFX is pulling the "XXX Edition" crap. ATI is bothering me slightly, with its gratuituous use of the letter "X" on all its products. I think that if a company releases a factory-overclocked version of a card, it should simply say "[Brand name] [card model] [OC]" kinda like BFG does. "BFG 7900GT OC". Simple, but informative.

Errr Umm 3 Months :p When I built my Rig In October it was built with the most recent newest harware avaible for what I can afford, In January it was out-dated and one foot in the grave of obsolete :eek:
ToyYoda03 said:
it should be called "insanely-expensive-yet-will-be-obsolete-in-6-months edition"

Yuppers the Yuppie Rich Kids will but it, errrr Mommy & Daddy will that is :D
Bbq said:

I want my Quad SLI matched qartet low latency Signature Edition kit,and please gold plate the box and pad it with a luxurious free flaoting foam. :p

OC out of the box,for all us lazy overclockers.

The "XXX" line is probably their best marketing stunt.

Bubba (who has no idea how computers work) sees the card and says "There be them intarweb boobies I been always lookin' for."

Wow I didnt even know about this quad SLI stuff... is that a spoof? It looks real. Damn it now I have to look it up.

edit: wow, I live under a rock. I love the concept of all this dual, quad, and eventually octal stuff but the question really is is will all these processors and cards acting in unison all play NICE with the rest of the system?

Will games actually use all the GPU's or will they just sit on one?

I Scanned that image out of May 2006 Issue of Computer Power User ( CPU ) Magazine, and as it is stated in print, it is fer real :)

Now Alienware has a somewhat of a better Excuse to Really Over Price :eek:

The Titan said:
Wow I didnt even know about this quad SLI stuff... is that a spoof? It looks real. Damn it now I have to look it up.

edit: wow, I live under a rock. I love the concept of all this dual, quad, and eventually octal stuff but the question really is is will all these processors and cards acting in unison all play NICE with the rest of the system?

The Titan said:

Ever here the phrase "Divide and Conquer"? I'm going to assume thats what it will do. All of the processes will be divided among all the processors evenly.

no matter how much we complain... marketing will always win consumers ;)..

the majority that is.

JaiQwan said:
To the OP,,, Ummm could this be why?
Lets see how many Acronyms ? can be found :D

quadsli5hi.gif

The picture contradicts itself. First in the article it says 48 billion gigapixels per second. In the caption it says 48 billion Megapixels per second.

Which is it?

firebyyrd said:
no matter how much we complain... marketing will always win consumers ;)..

the majority that is.

I know, but being that I'm not a mainstream consumer, it's easy for me to sit back and say "Wow...what a pathetic ploy to get sales." You're absolutely right though...it works. That, in my opinion, is the worst part of it all. By tacking on a few phrases that "sound" fast, they increase sales by a feasible amount.

Good Question, and to be honest, even though I Scanned from the May 2006 CPU Magazine and that it states that is for real, I do really wonder :confused:
But I am going to see what Google will come up with, now that I have some free time.

Below is What I Googled Up
slizone_quadsli
Quad SLI – How do I build a Quad-SLI PC?
"Exactly how do I build a Quad SLI system? The main board shown in the video only has two SLI slots, how is it possible to fit 4 cards in two slots?"
Last Updated: May 08, 2006

DeadlyAura said:
The picture contradicts itself. First in the article it says 48 billion gigapixels per second. In the caption it says 48 billion Megapixels per second.

Which is it?

Let me try this name game thing...

GeForce Fx5200

hmmm, something missing...

GeForce Fx5200 XT

no, still something missing...

GeForce Fx5200 Ultra

ah, to poo with it:

RadeositasticGeForceFactor5Fx5200XTUltraHamsterSquashingTeamIssueBloodLetterSupremeOverlordoftheUniverseLighteningFistedMegaFantasticSuperciliouslyRidiculouslyPreposterouslyFasterthanAnythingThatCanPossiblyTearaHoleintheSpaceTimeContinumeverEdition

Nah, too complicated. I'd rather buy something simple. Something like a...

GeForce FX5200 XT OC Ultra PP XXX

Who likes my sig now? :D

GeForce 4 FX 5200 XT ultra Type R, GX2 GTX XXX Xtreme OC KO Superclocked Hyper edition.

BallerX said:
for instance ask a woman when was the last time she switced brands of femonene products because of the color of the box..

Sadly I think that there are people and women especially who are so enchanted by colors and monickers (spelling?) that they'll try new products because they look cool or sexy or sheik.

I, personally, judge most products because of how they perform, not because of anything else. As long as I can get the damned thing home somehow and in the door and it works well, I could give a fuck less if it were pink with yellow polka dots.

XFX XXXX 8900GTX Mega Ultra Massive Hyper Explosive Edition with remote detonation device. ;)

Back