8800GTX water block EK vs DD?

Has anyone compared the EK to the Danger Den 8800GTX water blocks? What kind of temp differences did you get (if any). I have 2 DD blocks in my loop now, but the quality of the EK looks fantastic. The channels over the gpu are much deeper, and the machine work just looks generally better.

well for that matter, when if ever will any of either be available for sale???

i've been looking since December and they are always sold out... sorta stupid if you ask me...

I have yet to see a scientific head- to- head test of these two blocks, but some anecdotal evidence out there suggest the EK will run cooler. Just looking at the innards of the two blocks, to me indicates that the EK has more copper mass and deeper channels for transfering heat. It also looks way better with the clear top, it's HC pr0n.;)
BTW, if you contact Eddy directly at EK, he can give you an idea when the next batch will be available. I think the next shipment to Petra's is already spoken for.

Definately contact Eddy. I am getting mine either tomorrow or Monday and that was directly from him (I ordered last week)

Cheers

Croaker

I sent an email to Eddy for the 8800GTS block, and he said two weeks, and to check Jab-tech, pcperformance, and petratech.

EK has really been stepping up in the GPU waterblock market, and make some great stuff. Personally I like the black delrin look on the copper of the DD block....but the internals are just damned lazy.

Back