8800GTX OC - No Video output, comptuer posts, after added waterblock.

dhahlen

[H]ard|Gawd
Got my GPU blocks on my 8800GTX's last night.....

My primary card is an 8800GTX OC and my secondary is an 8800GTX, both made by BFG.

System was working fine last night, temps were at 45C on both GPU's.

I woke up this morning with a BSOD - rebooted the system and I did not get any video. System continued to load and went into windows. I could remote into my system as well. I looked through my logs and did not see anything out of the ordinary except for the fact that I was missing about 7 hours of logs. I did not open the mini dump file as I was in a rush to get to work.

However, my secondary card will work just fine if plugged into the secondary slot BY ITSELF. If I plug the primary (possibly bad) video card in, then my video output does not work on any of the 4 ports.

I have not had a chance to plug another card into the primary PCI-E port to see if its the port of the video card. I figured if it was the video card I'd get a post error.

Neither one of the GPU's were overclocked from stock setup. No leaks in water loop, no benchmarking, I just let it run and temps were stable at 45C for over an hour before I went to bed.

Is it possible the output on the card took a dump? Or would i just be better off assuming the whole card is a loss and just RMA it? My PCI-e voltage was .1 volts higher than normal so it was at 1.5 rather than 1.4 stock.

You can see sig for the specs on the PC - processor was also clocked back to stock speed (2.4) after I set everything up.

No clue why the OC GTX would just suddently take a dump.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Nobody has had similar problems?

Guess I'll have to swap cards from other systems to get answers... just can't do it for another 4-5 hours. Was hoping someone had experienced something similar...

Sounds like something probably happened and the card overheated. Just a guess. Also BFG doesn't warrant the removal of Heatsinks afaik so make sure the original looks right on it and hope they don't care.

Odd it would do that though....

It was sitting at 45c, doubt its going to overheat with the waterblock on it... wasn't a leak or my case would be full of water =X

Yeah.. dunno if the water stopped or slowed or something or ?? or maybe just one of the other parts got knocked when you were installing it and then fried after a while of it being on. :(

Anyway, good luck with it :(

Back