8800GTX now fits in my Antec Super Lanboy.

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
Title says it all. Some modding this afternoon.

8800gtx_length_01.jpg

8800gtx_length_02.jpg

8800gtx_length_03.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.01.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.02.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.09.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.12.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.13.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.15.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.18.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.19.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.20.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.22.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.25.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.26.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.31.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.32.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.33.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.34.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.35.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.38.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.39.jpg

8800gtx_in_superlanboy.40.jpg

haha! very nice work, where is your harddrives ? In the CD-Rom cages? Does your lanboy look strange without the LED fan at the front as I was going to do this

I garuntee theres no piont of that little PCI slot fan.

Get rid of the stickers and some wiremanagment. Nice system otherwise mate.

The hd rack looks to be a major structural component of the case. Did the case get at all wobbly from side to side after the mod?

Same case, mobo, and cpu cooler as the rig I typed this on. Nice. :D

Its been a while since I looked at AMD mobos but if memory serves correctly the MSI K8N Diamond Plus is SLI, correct? So I'm wondering if the mod allows for 8800GTX SLI? Assuming you can fit two 8800GTXs adequately on the mobo to begin with.

Also I like the pics you provided. I knew the 8800GTX fit in the Super Lanboy from reading some previous posters but yours is the first with pics showing a ruler as a guide. I liked that little extra reference touch. Thank you. :D

Skott

My load temps went up 10 degrees on my 6800 GT back in the day when I was running one of those stupid slot fans. I pulled it out and threw it in my closet which is where it lives to this day.

Zinn said:
My load temps went up 10 degrees on my 6800 GT back in the day when I was running one of those stupid slot fans. I pulled it out and threw it in my closet which is where it lives to this day.
Can I have it? I'll pay for shipping.

mattt said:
haha! very nice work, where is your harddrives ? In the CD-Rom cages? Does your lanboy look strange without the LED fan at the front as I was going to do this

The blue lighted fran in the front was bit too gaudy for my tastes...I replaced it with a silverstone 120. The hdd are in the bottom 2 5 1/4 drive bays with Zalman hdd coolers.

Noni said:
I garuntee theres no piont of that little PCI slot fan.

Get rid of the stickers and some wiremanagment. Nice system otherwise mate.

The 8800GTX puts out a lot of heat from the vents at the end of the cooler. This slot fan does serve its purpose very well.

Jen-Hsun liked it with all the stickers so thats how its going to stay.
gfl3.037.jpg

Stabbin said:
The hd rack looks to be a major structural component of the case. Did the case get at all wobbly from side to side after the mod?

I did jiggle it when I first removed the rack (with no components installed) but with everything back in, I've noticed no difference.

Stabbin said:

Same case, mobo, and cpu cooler as the rig I typed this on. Nice. :D
I agree, looks like structural integrity has been compromised

THe 8800GTS should fit without modifications correct? I've compared the size of the GTS vs. the GTX and the shorter PCB of the GTS won't interfere with the HDD cage, right?

Ahh, sweet! I knew I should have bought this case a couple years ago.

I'm no expert but I would guess the structural integrity isnt compromised too much. Especially when the side panel is in place. Just dont put anything extremely heavy on it. Which shouldnt do anyway even with the drive cage in it. Its a nice mod. I like it.

I'm curious how good that psu is. I see its a Antec TruePower Trio. What model in particular is it?

Pkirk618 said:
got any stickers left?

Maybe a handfull somewhere I dont remember packing them up after GeForce Lan 3.

Dark Prodigy said:
How'd you get all those nVidia banners?

Saving them from every lan that Nvidia has sponsored from stickers/posters to shirts and stuff. Bout 2 years long.

Skott said:
I'm curious how good that psu is. I see its a Antec TruePower Trio. What model in particular is it?

Antec True Power Trio 550W. The Smartpower True Control 2.0 550W was not up to the task of powering my Opty 185 and the 8800GTX in 3d mode. Though it may have been on its way out (often when I shutdown the pc it starts back up again)

Interestingly enough though I stumble upon this thread:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=1959890

Though I probably wouldn't be happy with the card butting up to the drive cage and would of removed it anyways. I plan to upgrade to a modded PC-V1100APlus 2 in a few.

Skott said:
I'm no expert but I would guess the structural integrity isnt compromised too much. Especially when the side panel is in place. Just dont put anything extremely heavy on it. Which shouldnt do anyway even with the drive cage in it. Its a nice mod. I like it.

I'm no expert either, but I think it is the 550watt this one

I just bought the 650watt version from Best Buy for $99 and so far I'm happy with it.

kuyaglen said:
Maybe a handfull somewhere I dont remember packing them up after GeForce Lan 3.

Saving them from every lan that Nvidia has sponsored from stickers/posters to shirts and stuff. Bout 2 years long.

Antec True Power Trio 550W. The Smartpower True Control 2.0 550W was not up to the task of powering my Opty 185 and the 8800GTX in 3d mode. Though it may have been on its way out (often when I shutdown the pc it starts back up again)

Interestingly enough though I stumble upon this thread:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=1959890

Though I probably wouldn't be happy with the card butting up to the drive cage and would of removed it anyways. I plan to upgrade to a modded PC-V1100APlus 2 in a few.

Wow... I was looking for that AT thread just the other day and I couldnt get the search to bring it up. Thanks for that link!

Also last night I was looking at PSUs and according to stated demensions the CorsairHX 620w psu will fit in the Super Lanboy. Its modular so thats a plus. A bit more oomff too for those that may want it. I also see that PerformancePCs sells this case and will put in a side and/or top blow hole too for those of us that do want the extra modding. I'm thinking a top blowhole & fan would be helpful in the cooling department. A side fan would be nice too but I'm wondering if it would interfere with a larger cpu hsf?

I'm definetely looking at this case for my next project. :)

Back