8800GTX, GT 240 or GT 545 for dedicated PhysX?

Iyashii

n00b
Which would be the best solution for a dedicated PhysX card? For reference I'm running a 6850 as my main. I've tested and have enabled the use of a hybrid PhysX setup previously, but I am looking for a good single-slot card.

I'd go with the 545. or maybe a Kepler 640 (there are rebranded Fermi 640s as well as Keplers) as a dedicated PhysX card.

I'm running a gts250 as a ded physx card alongside my radeon hd 5770 and it's worked well in the few physx enabled games I have, like Borderlands 2. and before that i was running a 9600GT just fine (I was given the gts250 by a friend)

I say if price is negligible go with the best card, otherwise try to stick to a card with the closest performance to your primary, within budget.

the 8800gtx isn't single slot, right?

go for the 545

I agree, the 545 will be your best bet for performance+power efficiency.

I think anything past a 9800GTX (GTS250/450) dedicated for PhysX you won't see any gains, such as right now I'm using a GTX260 216sp for PhysX alongside my Tri-Sli GTX480's and swapping it for my HTPC GTS450 there is no difference in physx games.

The 8800GTX is old tech, not power efficient and is dual slot. The 545 would be more than capable for your needs.

I think anything past a 9800GTX (GTS250/450) dedicated for PhysX you won't see any gains, such as right now I'm using a GTX260 216sp for PhysX alongside my Tri-Sli GTX480's and swapping it for my HTPC GTS450 there is no difference in physx games.

The 8800GTX is old tech, not power efficient and is dual slot. The 545 would be more than capable for your needs.

Not competely true. Depends on your main card and CPU
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1722167

Guess I'm getting the most out of my current gear I guess with no more improvements besides upgrading completely.

Not competely true. Depends on your main card and CPU
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1722167

for borderlands, did you have some sort of benchmark for that? or were you just going in and running around shooting stuff?

if you were just running around, then these numbers are ok as a baseline, but i wouldn't take them as gospel. if the tests weren't made with the exact same scenarios, same shooting, same enemies, the numbers aren't going to mean too much compared to each other.

for borderlands, did you have some sort of benchmark for that? or were you just going in and running around shooting stuff?

if you were just running around, then these numbers are ok as a baseline, but i wouldn't take them as gospel. if the tests weren't made with the exact same scenarios, same shooting, same enemies, the numbers aren't going to mean too much compared to each other.

No I pretty much did what [H] does and used Fraps in Caustic Caverns restarting the level each time and playing for about 10 minutes to get a good average.

I'm rocking a 650 and if i had more patience would have been a 650Ti. It does sound to me like you are shooting too low. A 460 from the forums might be a good bet.

I'm rocking a 650 and if i had more patience would have been a 650Ti. It does sound to me like you are shooting too low. A 460 from the forums might be a good bet.

Agree a 650 should be the minimum. A 460 would be perfect.

I am rocking a 650 and a 680 on a 3770k I have gains in batman benchmark. I wouldnt go lower then a 650 at least when paired with a 680.

Back