8800GTX & BF 2142

Sphere

2[H]4U
Hello everyone.....

If you have this combo, lemme' know...I'm having issues with the mentioned game,( won't ever go into 3D) and only that game.

Sphere

I could be way off but... I think someone having the combination of an 8800GTX and BF2142 is pretty Slim right now.....

You GDRC! :D

GDRC = God Damn Rich Cun*

Mindriot said:
I could be way off but... I think someone having the combination of an 8800GTX and BF2142 is pretty Slim right now.....

Overtime pays off :D work hard/play hard

FIXED---If your coming off an ATI card...you HAVE to completely uninstall any and all copies of BF including the profiles, then a reinstll of the game(s) will be a success.

when switching to a new video card i allways do a fresh install of windows,usually solve all the problems.

Sphere said:
FIXED---If your coming off an ATI card...you HAVE to completely uninstall any and all copies of BF including the profiles, then a reinstll of the game(s) will be a success.
There's a pretty good chance you just had to delete the video shader cache files in your Documents and Settings.

Correct, I believe that would have worked as well. Hind sight is always 20/20 :D

Nuvian said:
when switching to a new video card i allways do a fresh install of windows,usually solve all the problems.
hell'z yea. the gaming box is exactly that. formatted and running again within the hour. everyone who goes on and on about tweaking and fixen crap is re-hab-tarded but they probably do more than gaming on a computer with gaming hardware :eek:

Mindriot said:

I've got them both.

Nuvian said:

That is rediculous. It is easy to remove the old drivers and install new ones, and if you have the latest drivers, and install the same brand (ATi > ATi or nVidia > nVidia) of card, you don't even have to do that much. I've never had problems upgrading video cards and keeping my existing OS and getting the exact same performance numbers I should be getting with the given cards. Additionally, I've never had any strange problems occur from doing this.

Just this morning, I removed my X1950XTX and X1950 Crossfire Edition cards, and then installed a single 8800GTX without any difficulties and all my games and benchmarks not only work, but are right on target performance wise.

8800 GTS @ 650/1000
e6600 @ 3.6
Cosair 8500 @ 1066 4-4-4-12
X-fi

With all in game settings maxed @ 1600x1200 i get a steady 100 with a drop to about 87 during artillery strikes.

I turned on temperal AA and texture quality to "High Quality" now i get a solid 90-100 with drops into high 70's

Smooth like butta..........err?

Dan_D said:
That is rediculous. It is easy to remove the old drivers and install new ones, and if you have the latest drivers, and install the same brand (ATi > ATi or nVidia > nVidia) of card, you don't even have to do that much. I've never had problems upgrading video cards and keeping my existing OS and getting the exact same performance numbers I should be getting with the given cards. Additionally, I've never had any strange problems occur from doing this.

Just this morning, I removed my X1950XTX and X1950 Crossfire Edition cards, and then installed a single 8800GTX without any difficulties and all my games and benchmarks not only work, but are right on target performance wise.
I think it was said if there are problems it "can" be easier to format. its how I took it

Back