8800GTX & BF 2142

Sphere

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
2,353
Hello everyone.....

If you have this combo, lemme' know...I'm having issues with the mentioned game,( won't ever go into 3D) and only that game.

Sphere
 

Mindriot

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
391
I could be way off but... I think someone having the combination of an 8800GTX and BF2142 is pretty Slim right now.....

You GDRC! :D

GDRC = God Damn Rich Cun*
 

Sphere

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
2,353
Mindriot said:
I could be way off but... I think someone having the combination of an 8800GTX and BF2142 is pretty Slim right now.....

You GDRC! :D

GDRC = God Damn Rich Cun*


Overtime pays off :D work hard/play hard
 

Sphere

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
2,353
FIXED---If your coming off an ATI card...you HAVE to completely uninstall any and all copies of BF including the profiles, then a reinstll of the game(s) will be a success.
 

Nuvian

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
107
when switching to a new video card i allways do a fresh install of windows,usually solve all the problems.
 

banGerprawN

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
1,113
Sphere said:
FIXED---If your coming off an ATI card...you HAVE to completely uninstall any and all copies of BF including the profiles, then a reinstll of the game(s) will be a success.
There's a pretty good chance you just had to delete the video shader cache files in your Documents and Settings.
 

Sphere

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
2,353
Correct, I believe that would have worked as well. Hind sight is always 20/20 :D
 

G'ßöö

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
1,456
Nuvian said:
when switching to a new video card i allways do a fresh install of windows,usually solve all the problems.
hell'z yea. the gaming box is exactly that. formatted and running again within the hour. everyone who goes on and on about tweaking and fixen crap is re-hab-tarded but they probably do more than gaming on a computer with gaming hardware :eek:
 

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
58,948
Mindriot said:
I could be way off but... I think someone having the combination of an 8800GTX and BF2142 is pretty Slim right now.....

You GDRC! :D

GDRC = God Damn Rich Cun*

I've got them both.
 

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
58,948
Nuvian said:
when switching to a new video card i allways do a fresh install of windows,usually solve all the problems.

That is rediculous. It is easy to remove the old drivers and install new ones, and if you have the latest drivers, and install the same brand (ATi > ATi or nVidia > nVidia) of card, you don't even have to do that much. I've never had problems upgrading video cards and keeping my existing OS and getting the exact same performance numbers I should be getting with the given cards. Additionally, I've never had any strange problems occur from doing this.

Just this morning, I removed my X1950XTX and X1950 Crossfire Edition cards, and then installed a single 8800GTX without any difficulties and all my games and benchmarks not only work, but are right on target performance wise.
 

SoniCraze

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
230
8800 GTS @ 650/1000
e6600 @ 3.6
Cosair 8500 @ 1066 4-4-4-12
X-fi

With all in game settings maxed @ 1600x1200 i get a steady 100 with a drop to about 87 during artillery strikes.

I turned on temperal AA and texture quality to "High Quality" now i get a solid 90-100 with drops into high 70's

Smooth like butta..........err?
 

G'ßöö

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
1,456
Dan_D said:
That is rediculous. It is easy to remove the old drivers and install new ones, and if you have the latest drivers, and install the same brand (ATi > ATi or nVidia > nVidia) of card, you don't even have to do that much. I've never had problems upgrading video cards and keeping my existing OS and getting the exact same performance numbers I should be getting with the given cards. Additionally, I've never had any strange problems occur from doing this.

Just this morning, I removed my X1950XTX and X1950 Crossfire Edition cards, and then installed a single 8800GTX without any difficulties and all my games and benchmarks not only work, but are right on target performance wise.
I think it was said if there are problems it "can" be easier to format. its how I took it
 
Top