8800GTS won't bring dual monitors back from timeout

Korgun

Supreme [H]ardness
I have an nVidia 8800GTS connected to two monitors running in extended display mode with 20 min timeout to turn monitors off. Occasionally, when I move the mouse/press keys on the keyboard to bring it back it only brings back the secondary monitor, leaving the other one off. Turning off and on the primary doesn't help - at first the only thing I could do is change resolution, which was tough because when I went to display properties it would appear on the primary monitor so i had to randomly fish icons/windows from the 'blank' primary to the working secondary.

I then found a program called MonOff which I could send the monitors to sleep and if i did it enough times (anywhere between 2-5) it would bring both monitors back. It's been annoying, but I've been living with it.

Recently my 450W PC Power & Cooling PSU died on me. I went to Best Buy to get a PSU, they only had a this 700W Rocket Fish PSU so I bought it and used it for a week. In the week that I was using the rocketfish, the monitor issue did not happen once - so I thought my old 450 just didn't have enough juice.

Out of curiosity I checked out newegg and saw something which looked better and ordered this 850W Corsair PSU.. I've had it installed for about 5 days now and it's just as bad as the old PC Power & Cooling.

Because the only difference between the setups were the PSU, I'm tempted to say it's the PSU... any idea what may be going on?

Incase it helps, this is only an issue in Windows 7 & Vista, XP worked perfectly fine - I've had several OS reinstalls and dozens of driver revisions with proper installation since then.

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131025
Note: I originally posted this under the main video cards, but wasn't able to find a solution so I thought i'd post this under nVidia specifically. Thanks.

Back