8800GTS and TV-out

Panda Man

Limp Gawd
Ok, so everybody knows nVidia didn't have the best drivers in Vista, especially in the TV-out department. Well, in Vista, XP and kubuntu, I never could get TV-out to work. At all. I've searched google, searched nad posted at the nvidia forums, still don't have a solution. My TV is a piece of crap, its a 25" analog TV with composite input (no s-video), but I still enjoy watching movies and such on it. I have tried an s-video to composite converter to no avail, different composite cables, and this this adapter. With that adapter, I can get a signal to the TV. But its completely messed up. I can't really describe it, so here is a video of it:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v285/pan...nt=P1020869.flv

The Cpanel detects the TV... Kind of..

cpanel.jpg

That's also without forcing TV detection. I've also tried hooking it up to my VCR, which also doesn't have s-video. :( No Dice. Changing the resolution just changes the distortion, it doesn't help. Tried different drivers as well, from 158.XX to the latest 163.44. Nothing.

Now, the cable and the adapter work on my old 9600XT, so I know they are good. Any ideas as to what may be causing my TV out woes?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz
GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3)
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800
OCZ GameXStream 600W PSU
Maxtor 300GB 7200RPM SATA150 16MB cache HDD
Sony NEC Optiarc 18X DVD±R DVD
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1
ZyXel m-202 802.11g adapter
Antec Nine Hundred
Creative 5.1 speaekers
Viewsonic Optiquest q20wb 20" LCD
Samsung Syncmaster 997mb

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Sorry to say but it is looking like your card has a fault.
Can you put Windows on another spare hard drive and see if the problem still occurs?
If the problem goes away then its worth looking for the cure.

Sorry to say but it is looking like your card has a fault.
Can you put Windows on another spare hard drive and see if the problem still occurs?
If the problem goes away then its worth looking for the cure.
Thanks for your reply :) I'm not entirely sure what you've asked, I've tried it on another system and it worked. That was a few days ago, the system used winxp with a 9600XT and a P4-3GHz. However as of today that system quit POSTing. I'll work on it later on if necessary. I don't have another system that I can try any of this hardware on. In fact this system is the only one that will support Vista. I've tried both vista, XP and kubuntu on this system, all 3 produce the same results. I'll contact eVGA support tommorrow if you feel the card is bad :( Thanks again for your input!

I'm trying to establish if the card can do TV out successfully.
If so, its worth trying to fix your current OS.

Did TV out work with the same card from the other PC or was was that on the LCD?

Hi,

Has anyone any ideea how can I set "Full screen on secondary display" with the new drivers ?

I mean when playing a movie and it's on TV to be displayed full screen without to need to change the resolution to 1024x768.

With the clasic control panel with my old video card 7950GT I could do that.

Thanks.

Back