8800GTS 512 artifacts and locks up in UT3.

Vycka

Weaksauce
So I've got this problem. I recently got UT3 and it locks up with red/blue artifacts all over the screen after about 5-15minutes of gameplay. I've tried other games like SupCom FA, HL2, C&C3, HoMM5, WoW and I can play for hours and it doesn't lock up.

I am running it on stock speeds and it's not overheating either. I've got the latest official drivers. What's going on?

EDIT: Lock-up as in hard lock-up. Only the restart button works. I've only seen this stuff happen when I was experimenting with overclocking.

Did you just recently install the newest drivers before the issue started? If so, I would try going back to older drivers to see if you have the same issue. Seems odds that it only happens in one game, but sometimes new drivers have strange bugs

Edit: I did a quick search on google and found that earlier in the year people were having lots of issue with UT3 with nvidia vista drivers. Are you running XP or Vista? I would imagine the issues have been resolved since as most of the reports were in January, but you might want to research a possible driver issue. Do you recall what driver version you have installed?

Did you just recently install the newest drivers before the issue started? If so, I would try going back to older drivers to see if you have the same issue. Seems odds that it only happens in one game, but sometimes new drivers have strange bugs

Edit: I did a quick search on google and found that earlier in the year people were having lots of issue with UT3 with nvidia vista drivers. Are you running XP or Vista? I would imagine the issues have been resolved since as most of the reports were in January, but you might want to research a possible driver issue. Do you recall what driver version you have installed?

I am running the good 'ol XP Professional. It crashes both with 175.16 and 175.19 drivers.

Try rolling backto a driver that doesnt give u trouble, (going backwards each driver from newest to latest). When/if you get one that works, look for what was changed in the drivers after it to see if you can get your problem.

Worst case, you may just have a defective card.

Back