8800GTS 320MB Overclock

alik4041

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I have a XFX 8800GTS 320MB XXX factory overclocked @ 580gpu/1500shader/1800mem. I was considering to purchase a 285gtx, but I thought I'd try to pull the most out of my 8800 first. Well I was able to get the gpu from 580 to 651, the shader from 1500 to 1580, and the memory from 1800 to 2124 with a bit of hard work, what do you think? Take into consideration that this card is pre-overcocked and the reference card runs at 500gpu/1200shader/1600mem. LMK, thanks :) I'll have some pictures later on.

thats a pretty good overclock for that card. Temps under load, what have you used to test it

I've tested it under rthdribl, ati tool, and just a bunch of games such as FEAR, Farcry, Bioshock, Fallout 3, and COD5. Temperatures never go above 66C with the fan @ 100%. The clocks are always running default because I like to keep my case as cool as it can be. Before I get into a game though, I always turn the settings up and crank the fan all the way. Then when I'm done I pull the clocks and the fan down. I'm trying to get the shader above 1600. I don't know if a lot of people would agree, but sometimes overclocking is more like training the component you're trying to overclock to be able to take the heat. I usually hit a wall and then slowly I push through it. Before I spent a couple more hours on the memory, it wouldn't go past 1960mhz. Same with my cpu, it wouldn't go past 3.45, but I pushed it through. Before I forget, is there any program I can use that will do the job of bringing down the clock & fan speeds when @ idle? The whole manual changing thing is getting annoying...

much better than either of mine ever would, I could hit your mem scores, but core and shader were a bust

good job

I did promise pictures, but I think one will do :) oh and if your wondering if I actually use any of the power, check my desktop lol. Highest temp was 67C w/ fan @ 100%.

Back