8800GT Overlocking Results

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
What are you all getting?

Right now I have my BFG 8800GT 512MB @
730 Core MHZ (Linked)
1025MHZ Memory

Stock cooler with fan @ 100% (Very noisy)

I have all the parts to watercool it I'm just not sure if I want to yet.

my idle temp is similar but my Load temp was like 86 with crysis (read from MBM5 through G15 keyboard in game). Tempted to put this thing on water or even volt mod it. The OC made a pretty noticable difference. How high would I have to go to hit GTX performance? It does not seem like I'm far away.

Great results!! One of my cards will do that and the other one won't overclock well at all.

just curious, how many hours did you scan for artifacts with ATITOOL ? passing the test 30~60 minutes doesn't mean it's stable. when stable i mean at least 3 hours.

I have my 8800GT went through for a good 56 minutes until atitool detects artifacts.

just curious, how many hours did you scan for artifacts with ATITOOL ? passing the test 30~60 minutes doesn't mean it's stable. when stable i mean at least 3 hours.

I have my 8800GT went through for a good 56 minutes until atitool detects artifacts.

I'll have to more throughly test it tonight.

60 minutes of ATI Tool is good for me. I don't play games for longer than 60 minutes without taking a break for a few.

I just switch on rivatuner from my normal superclock to the profile overclock speed of evga SCC when I play demanding games.

What does it mean if you see lots of yellow lines around the cube but it says no errors

look at the top of the cube and the bottom of the cute. if the two clock of duration are the same then ur fine. if the bottom clock reads lower than the top then it's artifacting....basically when atitool detects an artifacts, it resets the bottom clock.

Currently running 800 core / 1836 shader / 1000 (2000 effective) memory. ATi Tool stable over nite run. Currently 28c idle, 34c load.

Slightly water cooled, seperate loop w/single MCR120 radiator.

Back