8800 & Vista - Dedicated/shared memory problem

jhtevans

Limp Gawd
The control panels in Vista Ultimate (32 and 64bit) are not recognizing my 8800 GTS 320mb card correctly.... it list dedicated video memory as 256mb.... thus ignoring some of the on-card memory. Anyone else having this issue or know if the card is actually working fine, but reporting wrong?

I've tried 100.64, 100.65, and some of the older 100.xx driver releases for vista with no luck solving this. Occassionally in games, particularly in WoW, I get intermittent 'slide-show' performance of less than 1 fps... not sure if it's drivers or hardware at this point

When I called BFG tech support, they suggested I 'google' it or just wait for newer Nvidia drivers.... so much for that

I'm going to reformat my rig and try the card with XP to see if the full 320mb show up...

If it still lists 256mb, I'm guessing I got a bum card.

Did you try the drivers taht came with the card or just drivers from nvidia.com?

Card didn't come with drivers - it came with a slip of paper that said to go to nvidia.com to get drivers..... :-(

I have no issues with my 8800GTS 640MB. I am thinking these new revisions of 320MB cards are just incompatable with the current Drivers. Im sure this can be easily resolved with a driver update.

Back