8800 GTS Pricedrops?

Karant

Gawd
Okay, I'm really looking at going up from a X1950 Pro to a 8800 GTS 320 MB, is there any price-drops happening any time soon that I should be aware of? Thanks!

I suspect that even if there were, you'd be hard pressed to find someone (even a rep, like RussianHAXOR) which would disclose such info. The Gfx card market doesn't quite release statements to that effect like the semi-conductor arena does.

just keep an eye on the hot deals section of the forums. They dropped the 640mb cause i just bought one for 315 after 30 dollar rebate. the 320s might drop some but i doubt past 250

Don't wait on it. R600 isn't fast enough to force price drops in nvidia camp. Instead, look at the second hand market on auction sites.

Well, as you know i cant really say anything but right now is a good time to buy these cards especially the ones with those pretty rebates that give away a Superclocked for 329. ;)

Don't wait on it. R600 isn't fast enough to force price drops in nvidia camp. Instead, look at the second hand market on auction sites.

Which auction sites would you reco? Just searched ebay for 8800's and they 320's were ~$300 and 640's were $350-400?

actually most 320's are around 250-279 and 640s are 329-350 if you want links i can give em...

You can get an EVGA 8800GTS 640MB for $320 on newegg (after rebate).

well i just got a 320 GTS a few days ago, so expect price drops any day now! j/k

i dont think well see a price drop or refresh launch very seen, Ati is making a joke of being in bussiness (inq claims no 2600 till july), and nvidia can afford to keep quiet, all the dissapointed people who were holding out for a 2900xt are doing their job for them

Back