8800 GT in three weeks!

Vyedmic

Limp Gawd
news_g92fpic.jpg

Gotta love the design. One slot cooling! Hooorraaay......hope it will be efficient enough.

Source - http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=16288&catid=2

EDIT: I see it's already posted please accept my apology :(:(:( and delete if necessary

I am wondering if this has the potential to outbeat a current stock GTX if overclocked half decently. With the shaders being bumped from 96 to 112 it is only 16 away from a GTX. With a newer, more efficient design, as well as a lower manufacturing process this may have the potential to hit high clocks which could give a current GTX a run for its money. This is all if heat doesn't pose an issue with the cooling being a single slot design. I heard around earlier today that heat problems may already be arising with the card. Nothing a beefy after market cooler couldn't remedy however.

I am wondering if this has the potential to outbeat a current stock GTX if overclocked half decently. With the shaders being bumped from 96 to 112 it is only 16 away from a GTX. With a newer, more efficient design, as well as a lower manufacturing process this may have the potential to hit high clocks which could give a current GTX a run for its money. This is all if heat doesn't pose an issue with the cooling being a single slot design. I heard around earlier today that heat problems may already be arising with the card. Nothing a beefy after market cooler couldn't remedy however.

But isn't it also only 256-bit? That might hold it back some. It's supposed to come out below the GTS performance-wise, so if that's the case I don't see it simply overclocking up to GTX performance.

or buy a GTX and get over the fact that it uses 2 slots, hooray GTX!!

I wonder what kinda money ?

You could probally buy a cheap beater and ironicly the beater will be worth the same in a year unlike the card it will be worth half but might include free shipping. *Shrug*

In my SFF case which don't have place for gtx this could be a good replacement for my gts improving much needed airflow. The dilemma is that the hot air from the card is probably blown into case and not outside so the temperature in the case will be higher.........oh nvidia what did you do.....I'm confused! :D

64 pipes/256bit bus vs 112 pipes/320 bit bus. I don't think the architecture of the 8800GT is going to be enough to push it past the 8800GTS, although, they did have to bump the pipes up on it. Maybe nvidia just said "ehh what the hell".

64 pipes/256bit bus vs 112 pipes/320 bit bus. I don't think the architecture of the 8800GT is going to be enough to push it past the 8800GTS, although, they did have to bump the pipes up on it. Maybe nvidia just said "ehh what the hell".

Anyone know when the 112 pipe GTS will come out? The same time?

awsome hurray for single slot!! SLI is back in business, so is this card going to be more powerful than the 8800gts 640?.

I am wondering if this has the potential to outbeat a current stock GTX if overclocked half decently. With the shaders being bumped from 96 to 112 it is only 16 away from a GTX.

man, you're talking about the new GTS, not GT.
last time i read GT will take the 96 PS amount of old GTS, so nV will bump the new GTS from 96 to 112.

CMIIW.

Back