880/870 release dates in oct/nov?

Well, I won't be buying the 4 GB version but might the 8 GB, so that would be profit minimisation on Nvidia's part. :)

I do hope they drop the DVI ports - DP only, leaving the 2nd and 3rd slots clear for the hot air exhaust. And if they drop the requirement for 8x PCIe for SLI then I might buy two.

That would be nice. Ive been itching for a GPU upgrade and really wanting to see what these 800 cards can do. If nothing else, maybe theyll drop the prices of current GTX780's a little and I can pick one of them up instead.

i love that article: "official release date authentically confirmed by a rumor on some website somewhere. it's official!"

Ahh here comes this weeks new rumor thread. Right on schedule.

Put it back in your pants! :p

But, yeah. Why can't we just have one 100-page long Maxwell speculation thread like every other hardware forum, instead of rehashing the same crap all over the place?

lol, lets just hope the dates are correct, i'd like to get some new gpu's this christmas

Love to see a 880Ti or something similar release around October which is when some of the next gen games start coming out, as my 780 SC is getting kinda sluggish with even current games and I'm expecting the new games coming late 2014/early 2015 to really push the hardware, and I can't stand the noise and microstutter of SLI.

Websites who have nothing to publish write articles based on rumors. Nothing more than keeping up with the quota and trying to get traffic. When nVidia makes an official announcement, only then should it warrant attention.

Back