850 EVO 500GB 2.5” SATA III SSD w/Assassin’s Creed Download $138

I was looking at that 850 evo or the crucial mx200....which one would you guys recommend?

Doesnt the evo have 3-d nand? I figured that might be worth it for longevity.

Get which ever is cheaper. You won't notice a difference between the two.

This, the speed difference between the two in real world performance (actually this goes for almost any normal sata3 ssd) is negligible.

Doesnt the evo have 3-d nand? I figured that might be worth it for longevity.

I don't think anyone knows exactly how long the TLC V-NAND will last, so if you want some more proven longevity, I would go with the MX200 as MLC is generally pretty durable. The MX200 iirc is Crucial's higher end set anyway in the consumer market. I would pick it over the 850 Evo any day.

I've stated this multiple times but after what happened with the last set of Samsung's new experimental tech, I would not in any case go for something that isn't based on tech that has been out for several years.

Well Ive been running (trouble free) my sandisk extreme 24/7 for the past 3 years so maybe i should stick to the proven tech.

I got one of the 500gb evos over the black friday/cyber monday week, and yikes that shit is fast. Windows 7 actually loaded in about the same amount of time as it took my monitor to detect that a signal was being sent to it. My old Kingston V(something) in my other computer wasn't anywhere near this fast.

Of course with all the updates applied I do expect it to slow slightly, but still it's a nice gauge for speed.

These prices are nuts. Rotational HDD manufacturers have to be concerned that soon NAND is going to take over traditional magnetic media.

Within a few years, buying a 2TB SSD will only be a $150. And of course the cheaper prices will allow them to scale more chips onto "bigger" drives.

Mine shipped on Thusday, from NJ and I'm in CA. It was shipped ups 3 day, will be here Tues.

Back