$85 for 1TB NVMe M.2

erek

[H]F Junkie
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-ssd-660p-1tb-deal-sale,40501.html

3-D QLC

"Every computer deserves an SSD, and yours do too. If you have an empty M.2 slot, the Intel SSD 660p 1TB can be your new tenant. The SSD normally retails for over $100, but Newegg has it for $84.99 after applying the EMCTEVC22 promotional code at checkout.

The Intel SSD 660p is an M.2 2280 SSD that will provide you with 1TB of high-speed storage. The SSD communicates with your system through a conventional PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slot, which is pretty common on modern motherboards. Whether you need a primary storage device or just a backup drive, the Intel SSD 660p is a nice option.

The Intel SSD 660p unites Silicon Motion's SM2263 NVMe SSD controller with Intel's 64-layer 3D QLC (quad-level cell) NAND chips. This unique combination delivers sequential read and write speeds up to 1,800 MB/s. Random performance is rated for 150,000 IOPS reads and 220,000 IOPS writes.

The chipmaker rates the Intel SSD 660p with an endurance level of 200 TBW (terabytes written) and backs the drive with a limited five-year warranty."

Forge Elmy

Edit: Derp didn't see the promo code. Question remains: Do you just jam them into a pcie slot and pray it doesn't fall out?

Last edited:
Reactions: erek
like this
100 for me as well, but question about these things. Do you just jam them into a pcie slot and pray it doesn't fall out?
ximg_59814ee326ae8.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.t2cqXPimUE.jpg

Any limitations to those? I know my motherboard has two slots but one is limited depending on if I have a GPU / other PCI-E installed. Does an add on slot negate any motherboard specific shortcomings?

price changed to 99.99

There's a $15 promo code that you apply at checkout:
upload_2019-9-28_20-38-46.png

This uses SLC cache to make up for the poopy QLC, just remember that the SLC cache will shrink as the drive fills up (orange line below is for this drive).

upload_2019-9-28_20-40-54.png

Reactions: erek
like this
Any limitations to those? I know my motherboard has two slots but one is limited depending on if I have a GPU / other PCI-E installed. Does an add on slot negate any motherboard specific shortcomings?
The add-in card won't overcome any motherboard shortages, and you won't be able to boot from this unless your motherboard has bios support.

I got invalid code. Looks like a not so clever email mining operation and a one day coupon.

Back