802.3baMF!

sweet, although isn't its going to be hard to get 40/100gb over copper?
I see now reason why 40/100Gbps short range cant be attained using copper phy. I dont think that copper will be the primary medium for delivery though, especially when you consider how much cheaper optics will be for cwdm(4x 25gig over 4 colors) and how MSPP transport currently supports 100GbE.

Good. So now you guys have the perfect excuse to come out with a Nexus7K-E that gets rid of the ultra shitty 230Gb/slot limitation (~200Gb for real traffic) :p

Your ex-buddy Jayshree is doing 648Gb/slot on that badass Arista 7508 ;)

Good. So now you guys have the perfect excuse to come out with a Nexus7K-E that gets rid of the ultra shitty 230Gb/slot limitation (~200Gb for real traffic) :p

Your ex-buddy Jayshree is doing 648Gb/slot on that badass Arista 7508 ;)
648Gbps.... small potatoes boss. You have no idea whats in the nexus pipeline... its ATLEAST double that and in labs right now. The big push for 40/100GbE is for carrier Ethernet though more than anything which is why you saw 100GbE on the CRS-3 pre-ratification.

Nice, you guys definitely need a refresh on that -- is it just new fabric modules or a new chassis? It's been years. Not a huge fan of those new D1 line cards by the way (I'm on that Aida program or whatever). Don't like the super framing feature -- makes latency jump all over the place (not good for financial markets).

I'm sure you guys will bounce back, you always do.

Back