8" Touchscreen - how to run winamp on it?

funstuie

n00b
I recently got myself an 8" LinITX (click for specs/description touchscreen monitor. If you look at this pic it's the small monitor under the Dell.

I want to run Winamp on it with big buttons so I can change tracks etc by touching the screen. I can't get the modern winamp skin to be any bigger than half the screen and when I run the Anunaki skin in party mode it will only display on the main (dell) monitor and I can't get it to move to the smaller screen.

anyone any ideas of what I could try?

maybe try something like LCDStudio (Lcdstudio.com), theres another LCD program but i forgot the name.

you could....

find a widget

put up the virtual keyboard on windows and use that(its really small though)

ummmmm move the remote from winamp down to that screen

make your own skin on winamp!!!

if you right click on the top left hand corner of the winamp you can go to window settings > scaling and make it bigger.

What a weird setup...for a start you could turn the screen to directly face where you sit and put the speakers evenly spread apart. Then, a touchscreen just for winamp? That sounds very unnecessary. I use the classic skin mode with the main window and playlist window side-by-side on the top of the screen, both "minimized" to thin rectangles along the top. To change volume you just select the main window and roll the mouse wheel. To expand them, just double click, and double click again when you're done. System tray icon only. Very streamlined.

Anyway, try the classic skin mode and clicking the "double size" button on the left side of the main window--maybe that'll be the perfect size for your screen.

Back