8 TB Seagate Exos HDD - $140 w/code "BFDBY2A376" FREE Shipping @ Newegg

kindasmart

[H]ard|Gawd
EDIT3: New code expires: 11/30/2022 23:59 PST
EDIT2: Original deal listed below expired. New deal and code posted in post #3. Updated title with new code.
EDIT: Expires 11/20/2022 23:59 PST

8 TB Hard Drive - $140 w/code "884TEXP" FREE Shipping @ Newegg

Seems like a decent deal for Enterprise level HDDs. SOLD & SHIPPED by Newegg. FREE Shipping. I already own one and will pick up another. Up to five drives can be bought with code. More data about drive via Anandtech.

- Internal 3.5"
- SATA
- 7200 RPM
- 256 MB Cache
- Seagate Exos 7E8 ST8000NM000A

Last edited:
The old code expired........but..........another deal on the same drive has appeared. Back to "original" $230 price, but now with code "BFDBY2A376" (expires 11/30/2022 23:59 PST) you get $90 off. So same effective price of only $140 for the 8 TB EXOS enterprise level HDD. Don't know if code has quantity limits.

Glad the deal has been refreshed after a fashion and the current code isn't limited to a single drive. I haven't had to buy HDDs in a long time so these seem clearly superior to the Iron Wolf Pro and are, what, about on par with WD Gold? (Is gold the replacement label for enterprise black drives?)

Glad the deal has been refreshed after a fashion and the current code isn't limited to a single drive. I haven't had to buy HDDs in a long time so these seem clearly superior to the Iron Wolf Pro and are, what, about on par with WD Gold? (Is gold the replacement label for enterprise black drives?)
AFAIK The Exos are on par with the WD Gold drives. See the attached chart from this Anandtech HDD Guide.
HDD_chart.jpg.JPG

How quit are the drives?

my current nas drive makes to much noise when its working (I used to have some very quite smasung drives way back)

Bought two. These should be a good replacement for the 4TB WD4000FYYZ drives that I bought back in 2014.

Back